FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by rollercoaster.jpg

  1. rollercoaster.jpg

    Shanghai Disneyland | Unknown | Vekoma | 2027

    So NOT a spinner like Guardians. But perhaps a prototype for the Villains Land coaster? Source.
  2. rollercoaster.jpg

    Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi | Superman Up Up and Away | Next gen Vekoma flyer | 2028?

    Old Vekoma tried to do spin-on-a-spike with their Big Air model. That never worked, but obviously we've come along way since. It could really give a sense of soaring flight. But I can't decide if it's too much tech for the payoff 🤔
  3. rollercoaster.jpg

    Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa closing August 2nd; "Kumba's Revenge" planned

    Can I start the rumour of a retrack but floorless trains with lapbars? 👀
  4. rollercoaster.jpg

    Six Flags Great Adventure | Bakunawa | Mack Spinning Launched Coaster | 2027

    I wonder if there is a way the train could simply mesh with stationary cantilevered loading platforms. So the only motion is the sliding track pulling the train away for dispatch. It wouldn't require any additional mechanisms and wouldn't slow down dispatches. I suppose, regardless, they'll...
  5. rollercoaster.jpg

    Big Dipper derailment at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

    Pure speculation, but I have to imagine this was an issue with track gauge versus something with the train. I'd love for GG to get their hands on Big Dipper with some of their pre-cut track. Would add strength and stiffness to the structure. And it's perfect for an out-and-back layout without...
  6. rollercoaster.jpg

    Galaxyland | Unknown | Vekoma Mindbender replacement | 202?

    Hmmmm... it's a very novel idea but I'm not sure how it will fare in execution. * Will the ride have one train with vest restraints? Will both versions have the same height requirement? 48"? * A lot of kids are nervous to get on coasters for the first time. From my experiences with my niece...
  7. rollercoaster.jpg

    Legoland Shenzhen | Shenzhen China | Theme Park

    I understand it's meant as a family coaster, but it's kind of crazy to install all that launch hardware and wing coaster trains for a such a dinky layout.
  8. rollercoaster.jpg

    Six Flags Great Adventure | Bakunawa | Mack Spinning Launched Coaster | 2027

    Shoreline Pier has some thematic signs with the different beach warning flags. The purple flag seems to be featured prominently. Could Project Purple be themed to a dangerous sea creature or aquatic cryptid under the moniker "Gargantuan: Vertical Vengeance"?
  9. rollercoaster.jpg

    Kentucky Kingdom | Flying Fox | Vekoma SFC | 2026

    Here's the non-horizon locked POV: Pretty wild what this accomplishes compared to Wolf's Revenge in half the track length.
  10. rollercoaster.jpg

    RMC Introduces Wild Moose Coaster

    The stats in the video don't seem to match any of the survey options. But putting one of these inside a box would certainly make it a bit more compelling IMO. From an enthusiast perspective, I think these will live or die by the restraints: If it's just slow forceless meandering with...
  11. rollercoaster.jpg

    Six Flags Great Adventure | Bakunawa | Mack Spinning Launched Coaster | 2027

    I don't think a ride needs to occupy the exact same plot of land to be a "replacement". If a park builds a new carousel before removing their existing one, that's still the replacement. It's just a replacement with good planning. A spiritual replacement if you want to get pedantic. Ka already...
  12. rollercoaster.jpg

    How important is consistency in a coaster?

    I'm going to get a bit philosophical here, but I don't mind a bit of inconsistency. Roller coasters are uniquely physical experiences, so variation is just part of nature. A bit of inconsistency makes it that much more special when conditions hit just right; I'm thinking of that night ride on a...
  13. rollercoaster.jpg

    Energylandia | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster | 2027

    Very true! I forgot they couldn't even be bothered to finish the theming on that one :rolleyes: I suppose I assumed they'd carry forward the level of theming shown for the tilt coaster. But that concept art was actually released by Vekoma and (as far as I can tell) not directly connected to...
  14. rollercoaster.jpg

    Energylandia | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster | 2027

    I can kind of understand why they might have got cold feet on the tilt coaster. While the tilt mechanism is an amazing feature, the rest of the layout would feel quite similar to their other coasters (not that that's stopped them in the the past). A B&M, regardless of the model, will certainly...
  15. rollercoaster.jpg

    Six Flags New England | Quantum Accelerator | Intamin Family Multi Launch Coaster | 2026

    I suppose one benefit of the tire launch system is it'd be relatively simple/cheap to add an extra booster wheel before the final brakes. That could give the train a little extra help on early morning test runs and potentially expand operations to colder weather. Otherwise, it's probably just...
Back
Top