What's new
FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Six Flags Great Adventure | Bakunawa | Mack Spinning Launched Coaster | 2027

As I expected this thing looks ugly as f*gg... but I'm sure the ride experience is going to be pretty cool and unique.
Although hanging upside down for half of the ride duration actually looks pretty uncomfortable. Definitely as a person who doesn't necessarily enjoys hangtime that much. Really not sure about this ride personally.
 
Interesting that it's floorless. Otherwise, very much what we expected/already knew. Not crazy about the name but its not the worst. However, these advertising videos really need to stop telling porkies.... the video says 137 seconds of ride time, yet the POV in the same video literally clocks in at 60 seconds... wheres the other 77 seconds? 🤪
 
Didn’t they say in an interview they were working hard on the story? My expectation was a tall, premium coaster experience met cool theming and it looks like a generic unthemed parking lot coaster.

The coaster itself will do just fine, though. This thing is going to be a monster, can’t wait til they start testing it! I’m already dreading dangling from a lap bar 380 feet up face-first on a swivel already haha.
 
Didn’t they say in an interview they were working hard on the story? My expectation was a tall, premium coaster experience met cool theming and it looks like a generic unthemed parking lot coaster.

The coaster itself will do just fine, though. This thing is going to be a monster, can’t wait til they start testing it! I’m already dreading dangling from a lap bar 380 feet up face-first on a swivel already haha.
Keep in mind that the animation doesn’t show the actual station. Look at Wrath, Sirens Curse, or Tormantas animations.
 
I'll be interested to see how Mack handles the loading process for the floorless train compared to B&M, especially with the cars being spinning. The engineering is fascinating.
 

1000113856.png
 

View attachment 42856
they're so ugly yet my eyes are drawn to every detail

edit: are they unfinished or have they just decided not to have the colour scheme from the promo?
 
I wonder if there is a way the train could simply mesh with stationary cantilevered loading platforms. So the only motion is the sliding track pulling the train away for dispatch. It wouldn't require any additional mechanisms and wouldn't slow down dispatches.

I suppose, regardless, they'll still need some sort pop-up barrier because this is one-sided loading/unloading. You've got to ensure guests don't fall off the wrong side 🤔
 
Those are the ugliest Mack trains I ever saw.
Absolutely 0 slick design or theming, I don’t think there any Mack coasters that have naked trains like that.

They could have done something knowing the giant snake/monster theme, but Six Flags is cheap so…
 
Those are the ugliest Mack trains I ever saw.
Absolutely 0 slick design or theming, I don’t think there any Mack coasters that have naked trains like that.

They could have done something knowing the giant snake/monster theme, but Six Flags is cheap so…
I’m sure this is purely from an engineering standpoint that you probably don’t want much theming on a train designed for the forces this is going to go through.

You just have to look at how beefy the wheel assemblies are to know there has been some serious calculations & design work involved to get this thing to survive.
 
Those are the ugliest Mack trains I ever saw.
Absolutely 0 slick design or theming, I don’t think there any Mack coasters that have naked trains like that.

They could have done something knowing the giant snake/monster theme, but Six Flags is cheap so…

"Trains are being assembled..."

Now maybe I'm *way off* but doesn't "being assembled" mean the trains are currently being put together? So there is a possibility that what you're seeing here is not exactly what the final product will be...

That being said I don't give a s**t about how trains look. Yes, adding some plastic shrouds or lead car themeing is icing on the cake at times, but with a coaster this size it seems a silly thing to moan about.

I'm just happy Six Flags is still willing to invest in these larger extreme innovative type coasters.
 
Back
Top