What's new
FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How far have you travelled for a theme park or coaster and where is on your"mustdo"?

I'm from London and I went to six flags new jersey in 2018. My first coaster (as an adult being able to ride an actual rollercoaster and not just a gentle ride) was Kingda Ka, an absolutely incredible launch coaster. It was also the first ride I went on at the park. I couldn't keep my eyes open on my first go on Kingda Ka, so I made sure to go again and focus on not clamping my eyes shut haha. Nitro and El Toro were my joint fave rides at that park but pretty much everything blew me away because It was my first real trip to a theme park. I'd been to Alton Towers as a kid but was too short to go on anything, and Efteling in 2011 but I only went on one ride. Need to plan some Europe trips!
 
So far it is Finland, a trip entirely planned around going on Taiga at Linnanmaki. This was a trip from South Staffordshire where I lived at the time but I flew from Stansted and stopped down there the night before because I didn't want a connecting flight. Technically I went to Florida when I was very young but didn't go on a lot for that same reason, plus most of the coasters that you would want to go there for didn't exist at the time, and I don't really count it anyway as it was not under my own power.

In terms of day trips, it's from that same address to Flamingoland. About 4 hours each way, and I was only at the park about 4 and a half hours as it was a very bleak and quiet Monday.
 
Am going to add Ride to Happiness in Belgium and Stuntfall and Batman Gotham Madrid as have been watching videos of them!How cool are these coasters?I am discovering new ones all the time
Sounds like you've all had some great trips.A lot of the countries people have mentioned I want to visit
Lucy and Kate,is good to see some girls om here.I am sure they are around but they don't really post regularly.Sometimes I feel a bit like the odd one out:)
Jenna
 
Out of curiosity I decided to look up which two parks with rollercoasters are the furthest apart. The best pair I could find are Fantasilandia in Santiago, Chile and Qinling Happy World in Xi'An, China. These two parks are ~65km off from being exactly on opposite sides of the globe, being 19.935 km apart. I do wonder if anyone is brave enough to undertake this ridiculous thoosie-recordbreaking journey...

RCDB does have a few other candidates, the closest of which is only ~24km off from being on the antipode of its pair (Nanzhou Park in Jintan and Costanera Park Santa Fe), but there are no pictures of the alleged rollercoasters there and I couldn't confirm the existence of coasters at either park on google maps so thats why I'm going with my answer of Santiago to Xi'An.

Furthest I personally travelled is Poland tho ;3
 
My furthest coaster 'as the crow flies' (or as 'great circle distance' in formal speak) is Universal Studios Sngapore at 11,021km (6848 miles) from home.

In terms of furthest as 'effort' - the "rare coasters" from Coaster-Count are a good starting point. Mine with less than 10 riders are:

Mouse, Phnom Penh Fantasy World: This isn't actually a particularly difficult coaster to get, provided you're in Phnom Penh, which one could argue is not awfully common.

Doggy Dog Coaster, Quirante's Fun Rides & Recreation: This one was a bit more off the beaten track. We were visiting family in the Philippines, and took a trip up to Baguio (to see more family). It's a slow drive up into the mountains - 4hrs from Manila, but we were staying in Luzon so it was closer to 6hrs for us.

Köpek Balığı, Crocus Park: Another one that's not really that hard if you're in Cappadocia. We had rental cars, and so drove out to Kayseri for a day out and stopped by the cred along the way. Guess it's just not that well trafficked yet.

Dragon Coster, Kathmandu Fun Park: This used to be in my 1-2 Riders category back when I rode in 2016, but been more visited now it seems. Relatively long-winded journey to get there (I flew Abu Dhabi>Omar>Kathmandu, and then being slightly jetlagged and hungover decided to walk the 90mins across the bustling city to this park), but it was a pretty fun adventure day out, I must admit.
 
It's probably cheating as i tend to go to theme parks whilst i'm on work trips but i've been from the UK to Disneyland Hong Kong, Universal Singapore, Disney/Universal Japan... I was also going to Warner Movie World in Australia but the weather was so bad that day i couldn't go.

In terms of deliberate theme park trips, UK to California would be the furthest.

Edit: Actually i forgot my first trip to Universal Japan was just for that too so that wins.
 
I think the furthest from here in Hong Kong would be the Brazil/Argentina trip I did a few years ago. I've done Australia a few times, and New Zealand, which would both count amongst the furthest for anyone based in Europe or the USA, but from Hong Kong is "only" around 8-9 hours.

Despite Orlando being the most basic of basic of international coaster travel, it's up there as one of the furthest for me and is a major undertaking requiring close to 24-hours of travel each way.
 
Back
Top