What's new
FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank your Ridden B&M Inverts

I've only done 3 so this will be pretty obvious.

3. Nemesis Inferno
Actually a remarkably solid ride, it's just the weakest overall. My weird nitpick is that most of the elements go to the right and very few go to the left so it can kind of feel like you're going around in circles. Love the prelift and the inversions though.

2. Black Mamba
Somehow I found this not that memorable, probably because Phantasialand is stacked. Maybe if I'd got to do it on the front row it would have been better because it's hard to appreciate the near misses in the middle rows. It's pretty fast paced though and plenty intense, so it's still a good coaster.

1. Nemesis (Reborn)
Not done the front on Reborn yet because you no longer get to choose... the original on the front was incredible though and I'd imagine the same is true on Reborn. The near misses and the famous corkscrew to helix to zero-g roll sequence is excellent even now. Ironically Inferno has the better vertical loop though.

I probably need to get back on Nemesis Reborn to double check, but currently it goes:

1: Oziris
2: Nemesis Reborn
3: Black Mamba
4: Nemesis Inferno

Oziris was wonderfully floaty and unique. Had a satisfying duration and some intense moments without being too much. As I'm getting older B&M inverts are unfortunately becoming less and less my thing as evidenced by Nemesis Reborn quickly tumbling down my top 10 list, so it's always appreciated when I find a new good one.

Poor Black Mamba didn't stand a chance, I rode it like 5 years too late!
 
I just got up to 6 B&M inverts, so I feel like I can rank them now. I still find ALL of these to be great coasters.

1) Afterburn - This one blew me away. I loved the pacing and intensity. The batwing and final corkscrew were the highlights of this ride.

2) Alpengeist - Very close 2nd here. The extra height on this one really makes a difference. The first drop is amazing, especially in the front row. The entire first half is great, especially the cobra roll. I also don't get the hate for the 2nd half. I didn't think it lost much steam at all. The zero G roll and corkscrew were both great.

3) Raptor - The cobra roll and final helix are the highlights of this one. I like this one because it's similar to Batman, but a little longer and more interesting.

4) Batman - Super compact and intense. Great ride, but a little too short.

5) Talon - Very unique layout and lots of fun, but less intense than the others.

6) Great Bear - It's pretty obvious that the layout was constrained by the available space and terrain. However, they still managed to create a great ride despite those limitations. The major down side is the 2nd half, which doesn't seem to do a lot.

Update. I finally got to King's Island. 😁

1) Banshee - I know this is a divisive one, but I thought it was amazing. It had many unique elements for a B&M invert. You don't see dive loops and pretzel knots on inverts. I thought the longer, more drawn out elements worked well and it still packed some nice forces. I especially enjoyed the slow roll at the end for the great hang time. The final helix was a great way to end as well. Also, I think the vest restraints worked well on a B&M invert since there is zero chance of head banging. Also, my front row night ride was amazing.

2) Afterburn - This one blew me away. I loved the pacing and intensity. The batwing and final corkscrew were the highlights of this ride.

3) Alpengeist - The extra height on this one really makes a difference. The first drop is amazing, especially in the front row. The entire first half is great, especially the cobra roll. I also don't get the hate for the 2nd half. I didn't think it lost much steam at all. The zero G roll and corkscrew were both great.

4) Raptor - The cobra roll and final helix are the highlights of this one. I like this one because it's similar to Batman, but a little longer and more interesting.

5) Batman - Super compact and intense. Great ride, but a little too short.

6) Talon - Very unique layout and lots of fun, but less intense than the others.

7) Great Bear - It's pretty obvious that the layout was constrained by the available space and terrain. However, they still managed to create a great ride despite those limitations. The major down side is the 2nd half, which doesn't seem to do a lot.
 
Back
Top