What's new
FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paultons Park | Serpents Curse | Mack Water Coaster | 2027

The trough-style lift hill looks interesting. Haven't seen that design before. Curious what the reason for it is (water management, purely aesthetics...?).

I'm not sold on the bright yellow + industrial grey colour scheme. The rest of Valgard has such a beautiful and cohesive palette (Drakon and Raven are perfect), so this one feels a bit jarring in comparison.
Yeah I thought the supports were meant to be teal based on the artwork. Not a fan of the grey either, here’s to hoping it’s just primer.
 
Yeah I thought the supports were meant to be teal based on the artwork. Not a fan of the grey either, here’s to hoping it’s just primer.
How many new build coasters get erected and then painted? None as far as I know!? These are the final colours of the ride, unless Mack and Paultons are breaking with rollercoaster construction tradition! With a water coaster, there is a lot more steel involved, so I think they went for a lighter colour support so as not to overwhelm the ride with too much metal on view. The grey will blend into the scenery and terrain much better imo, just leaving the track on view. Maybe best to wait until its complete to reserve final judgment, but I think this is going to pleasantly surprise many initial doubters.
 
Yeah I thought the supports were meant to be teal based on the artwork. Not a fan of the grey either, here’s to hoping it’s just primer.
Looking back at the announcement video, the supports do appear grey, however I agree that on the artwork the colour does appear teal.
 
How many new build coasters get erected and then painted? None as far as I know!? These are the final colours of the ride, unless Mack and Paultons are breaking with rollercoaster construction tradition! With a water coaster, there is a lot more steel involved, so I think they went for a lighter colour support so as not to overwhelm the ride with too much metal on view. The grey will blend into the scenery and terrain much better imo, just leaving the track on view. Maybe best to wait until its complete to reserve final judgment, but I think this is going to pleasantly surprise many initial doubters.
I for one love the color scheme.
 
With Drakon i was not sure if it would be the best coaster at the park and it wasn't, however this, i think could be my favourite at the park.
1000070281.jpg

This first hill is so low and twisted.
1000070279.jpg
1000070277.jpg

Cannot wait to see all the track up.
1000070278.jpg
1000070280.jpg
 
The park have done there first construction update.


Interesting as he states there will be more theming round the ride than in the concept art which is good to hear.

Also Seal falls will be placed to the back of the site along with the new shop behind Serpents Curses station.
 
Last edited:
Update 3 from the park is out, more theming is going in including this near miss.

1000074507.jpg
1000074505.jpg

This pad an one on the outer side of the track are in for something, hopefully a tunnel or arch of some sort.
1000074514.jpg

Construction of an irrigation shed for the plants and a shed for filtration for the rides water os underway, both will be themed up.
1000074506.jpg
1000074508.jpg

A lot of work is happening on the station, the air gates have gone in.
1000074510.jpg
1000074517.jpg

Nice little info board.
1000074509.jpg

I think this may give the best view of the park.
1000074511.jpg

Full video:


Also the entrance sign has been spotted.
1000074504.jpg
Source
 
Last edited:
I reckon the 'arch' or 'tunnel' could potentially be a giant Serpent near-miss. It would make sense given the theme of the ride. Otherwise a rockwork tunnel/arch of some sort would definitely be nice.
 
These guys are putting Merlin to shame and I'm all here for it.
That's a low bar though, isn't it. There are council estate playgrounds that are more immersive* than most Merlin attractions 😂

Definitely pencilling in a trip to Paultons next year though. I haven't had a hoot hoot there since 2006. Many fond memories from the 90s, too. People have been raving about it for years now but in my opinion, they're only just starting to get interesting.

* - and undoubtedly more closely resemble The Walking Dead.
 
Last edited:
Little update.

Seal falls has left its old plot to be rethemed and find its new home next to Serpent's Curse.
1000075813.jpg
1000075814.jpg

Painting is coming along nicely, really like how the station building is looking.
1000075817.jpg
1000075818.jpg
1000075815.jpg

Work on the structure over the track continues.
1000075819.jpg

Something i really like is the splash zone they are building, simple yet a great addition.
1000075816.jpg

Source
 
Back
Top