What's new
FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

The absolute hilarity of people who live on a new build housing estate complaining about people being able to see into their garden. As if every garden on this estate won't be overlooked by at least 20 other houses 😂

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...idents-divided-huge-uk-rollercoaster-34648269
Does anyone know more about this coaster? It looks like an XL spinning coaster, like the Dutch showman Buwalda used to have, but I haven't seen those for a while
 
Accident at the Hangover drop tower (which appears at London's Winter Wonderland) at the Munich Oktoberfest on Monday;


(if you don't want to click - seems he entered a restricted area and the gondola hit him - awful whatever way of course)
 
For the record - The ride was thoroughly inspected by TÜV and reopened one day after the incident. It is of the belief that the security guard entered a restricted area, but more to come.
 
RMC has apparently changed its name to Rocky Mountain Coasters as opposed to ”Construction”. This has been made in conjunction with IAAPA Europe and the website url hasn’t been updated to reflect this change yet.

 
There was an incident at Batman Gotham City Escape at Parque Warner Madrid. The ride is currently closed.


Not clear what has happened but it seems like someone has been seriously injured. This article suggests the person has broken both legs: https://elpais.com/espana/madrid/20...sa-de-batman-del-parque-warner-de-madrid.html
Gotham City Escape has reopened as of Friday evening.

 
Toverland will be testing a free-to-enter/pay-per-ride model between November 28th and December 16th of this year. Visitors will be able to enter Toverland for free and buy a ”credit” for 2 euros each, with rides costing between 1 and 3 credits. Unlimited rides will be available with the purchase of a regular day ticket. For capacity reasons guests will need to reserve their visit in advance to take advantage of the pay-per-ride model.

I find this very interesting. I personally like it a lot, since we will probably make a visit because of the free entrance!
I think it is a smart way of getting people into the park during their winter event which would otherwise not have come. Like us (this year).

It will be an experiment for us as well, since we will be going with our (by then) 9 month old son. No clue if that is a good idea or not 😅 But that's the thing: If he cannot sleep in the stroller or just hates the experience, we can go home anytime we want without 'wasting' an enterance ticket!
It is also their winter event, which I've never been to. That's a big plus, since my wife likes themeparks, but mostly because of the atmosphere. She is not the biggest fan of roller coasters, so a winter event is perfect! We might also bring her parents along. They a a big fan of Efteling, but would probably never visit Toverland.

I am just not sure if I should get an entrance ticket myself or just pay per ride... Rerides using a pay per ride system is not the best idea ;)
 
I find this very interesting. I personally like it a lot, since we will probably make a visit because of the free entrance!
I think it is a smart way of getting people into the park during their winter event which would otherwise not have come. Like us (this year).

It will be an experiment for us as well, since we will be going with our (by then) 9 month old son. No clue if that is a good idea or not 😅 But that's the thing: If he cannot sleep in the stroller or just hates the experience, we can go home anytime we want without 'wasting' an enterance ticket!
It is also their winter event, which I've never been to. That's a big plus, since my wife likes themeparks, but mostly because of the atmosphere. She is not the biggest fan of roller coasters, so a winter event is perfect! We might also bring her parents along. They a a big fan of Efteling, but would probably never visit Toverland.

I am just not sure if I should get an entrance ticket myself or just pay per ride... Rerides using a pay per ride system is not the best idea ;)
I like the idea and might pop for a couple of rides on fenix and a Toverland beer,but everything is dependent on diesel prices at the moment!
 
Gotham City Escape has reopened as of Friday evening.

The height requirement has apparently been raised from 1.3m to 1.4m during the closure.


The park website confirms this:
 
Back
Top