What's new

Evil Dead for 2013

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
As some of you may know a new Evil Dead film is hitting theaters this April. The trailer was aired on youtube a few weeks ago. The new Evil Dead film really is not a remake, just a new story following teens and the cabin.
Fortunately it was produced and written by Sam Raimi as well as Bruce Campbell of the original films. Already the film is becoming controversial due to the fact that the film will have difficulty getting an "R" rating due to the extreme gore presented in just the TRAILER. The new film could be the goriest film ever made. As some of you may be fans of the series as well, the originals were banned in some countries back in the 1980s. If you ask me the originals seemed more gross and funny rather than gory and disturbing. I suggest if you have never heard of Evil Dead or just have never seen the films, check them out. They were critically acclaimed after all.

Don't forget to check out Dead Alive (1992) too! :--D

TRAILER :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLjqazSmQo

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLjqazSmQo[/youtube]

What do y'all think about Evil Dead and the new film?????????

I might actually watch this as I watched the original last year and thought it was outrageous/hilarious. That said, I think this will not have the same feel as much of the fun of the original was the raw/vintage special effects/editing and the (somewhat) stale acting. My roommate will get a kick out of this when I show him the trailer :p

reddude333 said:
I might actually watch this as I watched the original last year and thought it was outrageous/hilarious. That said, I think this will not have the same feel as much of the fun of the original was the raw/vintage special effects/editing and the (somewhat) stale acting. My roommate will get a kick out of this when I show him the trailer :p

It does have no name actors and Bruce Campbell said no CGI was used only magic tricks like the originals. It still could be humorous, although the trailer does not show that.

Here is a funny clip from Evil Dead 2...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouWttAtB_hs&feature=relmfu

The first time I watched the Evil Dead, I was laughing so hard I was almost removed from my film studies class. I then had an in-depth discussion about how the tree raping scene could be perceived as erotic and was warned that some of my comments might be offensive, especially as more than half of our class were female.

And then I moved on with my life.

I was a young teen when I first watched the films (banned video nasties on dodgy VHS FTW :lol: ) and films generally were a lot less "gory" due to the banning in the 80's. Things like Lord of the Rings are gorier now that Evil Dead was - it was more the presentation of corruption and dismemberment of protagonists and emotionally connected characters that makes it "horror".

The tree rape scene is clearly meant to be humour, with the reaction of the character at the end of the scene. The whole film was an exercise in pushing boundaries for the fun of Sam Raimi and his group.

Not sure about a remake. I like the original films, even though they're pretty dreadful compared to some these days. I prefer ED2 as it's much more deliberately "amusing", whereas the original has become amusing due to age (it was originally meant to scare people and did - though it does contain dark humour).

So, I'll probably watch it eventually, but I can't see it being better than anything remade or parodying the originals anyway.

I watched the Red band trailer the other day. It does seem devoid of all the low quality grittyness and absurdity. If it does manage to put in it's dark goofy humor then this advertising is **** aweful. On the other hand I've just been sat here giggling to my self cause I have the workshed scene stuck in my head...

But it's cult. I just don't get why all these cult films are getting remade? They'll be remaking A Clockwork bloody Orange next!

I do appreciate that it brings the original to the attention of a previously unaware audience, but just.....re-release that one in the cinema?

Evil Dead <3

EvilDead2013Poster.jpg

Poster

The Original was not funny. Neither is this new film. Maybe it was funny due to bad acting and cheap makeup. Evil Dead 2 was written more of a comedy. Army of Darkness was awful, I don't care what anyone says. AOD was like a dark humor version on Monty Python.

^ Yes that would be a film I would check out, I love Monty Python and the Holy Grail...but...Army of Darkness was written to be funny, It wasn't to me. Monty Python is funny as hell.