What's new

Favorite water parks?

TilenB

Strata Poster
Okay, I know that this is more of a theme park forum, but which are your favourite water parks you've been to so far (for those who like them of course :p )

Mine top5 would look like that:
1. Siam Park, absolutelly fabulous, probably one of the best (maybe even the best?) water parks in Europe
2. Aqualandia, pretty great park, close to Venice and Starmaker is one of the scariest slides I've been on
3. Aquasplash Lignano, its pretty cool, but a lot of the slides are out dated
4. Aqualand Maspalomas, it would be great if the walkways weren't so rough to your feet
5. Terme Čatež, decent waterpark with a good indoor part

I'm not a massive fan of waterparks and I haven't been to too many. I suppose Typhoon Lagoon would probably be the best, but I was too big of a sissy to go down like, any waterslide, and I almost drowned in the wave pool. I don't think Discovery Cove really qualifies as a waterpark but that was a really awesome place.

I guess I'd have to say Great Wolf Lodge. I like that it's indoors and I always have a really good time there without getting sunburnt. The slides aren't too disgusting like Summit Plummit or whatever (ya, I get scared of some waterslides and prefer not to go on them, mainly just the vertical ones though), and the lines are never that long. Kalahari is pretty fun too, but I think I prefer Great Wolf Lodge.

Water Country USA, of the water parks I've been to. I'm a bit of a water rat so if there's any water park near a theme park I'd try to go there.

I do enjoy water parks, but I can't really think of any that have really blown me away with how amazing they are.

Probably Typhoon Lagoon has been the best overall park I've managed to go to, although I never got to go to Blizzard Beach.

Haven't been to a ton because I don't find them worth the money but my favorite is Boulder Beach (attached to Silverwood). It is so clean and inviting. The speed slides are really fun and fast. I also like their family innnertube rides. Their most recent one was a great addition but the capacity was horrendous. Definitely don't miss Boulder Beach if you go to Silverwood.

LiveForTheLaunch said:
I'm not a massive fan of waterparks and I haven't been to too many. I suppose Typhoon Lagoon would probably be the best, but I was too big of a sissy to go down like, any waterslide, and I almost drowned in the wave pool. I don't think Discovery Cove really qualifies as a waterpark but that was a really awesome place.

I guess I'd have to say Great Wolf Lodge. I like that it's indoors and I always have a really good time there without getting sunburnt. The slides aren't too disgusting like Summit Plummit or whatever (ya, I get scared of some waterslides and prefer not to go on them, mainly just the vertical ones though), and the lines are never that long. Kalahari is pretty fun too, but I think I prefer Great Wolf Lodge.

Summet plummet is more or less a free-fall. I started on the slide and then went in the air and fell back on the slide when is started to curve out. That was scarier than probably any coaster I've been on...

Aqua Studios in Italy was stupidly dangerous fun. The Twin Peaks rubber ring ride is still my favourite slide ever.

Schlitterbahn, New Braunfels is just incredibly awesome. Any time I can ride one waterside for ten minutes, let alone several, wins.

Wet 'n Wild in Orlando. It's so ghetto, but still to this date a very good quality waterpark. Another I'd have to say is Typhoon Lagoon, not for the actual slides as its not that good, but in terms of an overall experience and a fun day out, it's a fantastic park.

Summet plummet is more or less a free-fall. I started on the slide and then went in the air and fell back on the slide when is started to curve out. That was scarier than probably any coaster I've been on...

I didn't go to Blizzard Beach sadly. For those who have been to all the Florida waterparks, what would you say is the best one? I only went to Typhoon Lagoon, and I had a great day but I can't really remember. I would probably go on it now although I'd be super scared (I did go on a vertical slide before but not one that big, and I got the biggest wedgie of life), but back then there was no way in hell.

^ As I said above, I'm terms of variety and good quality slides, I'd have to say Wet 'n' Wild. It has some great slides. Disco H20 is fantastic.

LiveForTheLaunch said:

I didn't go to Blizzard Beach sadly. For those who have been to all the Florida waterparks, what would you say is the best one? I only went to Typhoon Lagoon, and I had a great day but I can't really remember. I would probably go on it now although I'd be super scared (I did go on a vertical slide before but not one that big, and I got the biggest wedgie of life), but back then there was no way in hell.

I've only been to the two in the WDW complex, so out of those two I'd say Blizzard Beach>Typhoon Lagoon

My best water park would be aquatica in Florida. Their lazy river that is fairly fast is a lot of fun. I feel that te park has a big variety and is big fun for both kids and adults

White Water in Arlington, TX was the best I can remember. Wet & Wild was right next to it but I remember White Water being the bigger and better park. I'm not sure when White Water closed, but I think it has been quite awhile. The lazy river there was the strongest one I've ever been in.