What's new

Hershey Triple Tower - Three S&S Drop Towers for 2017

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Hersheypark/status/745963177658155008[/tweet]

If I had to take a guess, I think it'd be either a drop tower for a flat, or an RMC Wildcat if it's a coaster.

Edited title to reflect new ride name. - ECG

Re: Hersheypark teaser for 2017

Could be anything. I don't think there's any hidden clues in there.
They do need a drop tower though, maybe a rapids ride, and a RMC.

You have to check all of the social media bits weekly to get all the clues.

Someone on the Book of Faces seems to believe they will be getting a clone of Pulsar as it will fit with a supposed ride closure.

Drop tower would fill a gap, but I don't think I could get myself excited for that.

RMC please.

My guess is a drop tower, considering that number 1 in 2017 sort of looks like it's dropping. That's pure speculation, but considering they don't have one yet... Is Wildcat really that bad, it would need RMC treatment?

DelPiero said:
maybe a rapids ride.
Like the amazing one they removed a few years ago in favor of expanding their water park? :\ RIP Canyon River Rapids.

TilenB said:
Is Wildcat really that bad, it would need RMC treatment?
When I rode it last week it was pretty dull throughout and sort of rough in places (not the 'good' rough), so I wasn't very impressed by it to be honest. :lol:

I was actually surprised they didn't have a drop tower, so that could be a good addition.

Word on the street is that this is Falcon's last year and it'll go for a drop tower. However, there's a ton of clearing across the street from Skyrush that's rumored to be for park expansion, so I have a hard time believing whatever it is won't go there if it ends up being more park space.

If it's a drop tower it better be a tilting one, I was spited by Falcon's Fury which looked incredible. :(

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

207ft tall drop tower? If it's one of the new Intamin ones, they're ****...

Lofty said:
207ft tall drop tower?
That actually might be it. The 1 drops out of 2017 and you're left with 207 ft, reasonable height.

The next clue is up on their site:

http://www.hersheypark.com/2017/

Honestly, this is screaming drop tower now. An RMC doesn't have "sides", but a drop tower does. I'm guessing a 207 foot drop tower themed to Hershey Kisses.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick said:
Honestly, this is screaming drop tower now. An RMC doesn't have "sides", but a drop tower does. I'm guessing a 207 foot drop tower themed to Hershey Kisses.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

It's most likely a conversion of Kissing Tower into a drop tower. After all, it does have Hershey's Kisses for windows, and the press event is called "The Thrill on The Hill".

A concert of the tower makes the utmost sense. Just like Liseberg did with Atmosfear. Can anyone find out how tall the Kissing Tower is?

http://www.hersheypark.com/rides/details.php?id=21

Kissing Tower
An enclosed cabin climbs 250 feet and rotates in a clockwise direction, providing riders a panoramic view of Hershey through windows shaped like Hershey's Kisses chocolates.

Also, hasn't there been a rumor that the parks Huss Condor is up for removal.... also located in the hill section of the park. I don't know, I don't see them removing the Kissing Tower.

I'd honestly think that they'd rather tear down the old, unpopular, maintenance-bulky Condor instead of the iconic Kissing Tower. I could see the Kissing Tower getting a renovation as well, just not as likely.