What's new

Oddest Coaster You've Ridden

BBH

Giga Poster
Pretty self-explanatory subject matter. Some coasters are a little bit quirky, but some are downright bizarre. Which tops your list in this category?

For me, it's got to be Thunderation at Silver Dollar City. It follows the terrain beautifully, but the ride is just total WTF aside from that. The presence of the coat hanger physics is abundantly clear, especially in that double helix that changes its radius anywhere between five and 92 times. It's not smooth, but it's not rough, per se. It's kind of clunky. Just plain weird.

Thunderhawk at Dorney Park.

EDIT: I thought it said OLDEST. The oddest is probably something like Blazing Fury or Black Diamond some pretty odd indoor coasters.

Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain. Such a stupid, pointless ride that's constantly breaking down.

X: No Way Out - WTF or better said: what's the point? (At least they've changed it now and all the stops are gone).
Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain at Indiana Beach. <3

Verbolten - multiple launches, indoor and outdoor, and the drop section are a pretty interesting combination.

CoastingChris50 said:
Thunderhawk at Dorney Park.

EDIT: I thought it said OLDEST. The oddest is probably something like Blazing Fury or Black Diamond some pretty odd indoor coasters.

I read it as oldest too.

To me the oddest coaster I have ever been on, from loading, to ride vehicle, to track, is Time Warp at Canada's Wonderland.

Definitely Bobsleds at Seabreeze, it was part wild mouse, part family coaster, part classic woodie part death trap, all lovin.

Jer said:
Definitely Bobsleds at Seabreeze, it was part wild mouse, part family coaster, part classic woodie part death trap, all lovin.

+1, - the death trap part

LoCoSuMo is AWESOME aside fdrom throughput. Love that weird-ass ride.

Not the oddest, but the Intamin Impulses are a pretty bizarre concept. "Hey, let's take an invert, launch it, and make it a shuttle."

Mike said:
Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain. Such a stupid, pointless ride that's constantly breaking down.

This guy. I didn't think it was pointless tho.. was quite unique and different.

rollermonkey said:
Jer said:

I only call it a death trap because of Joey being able to slap the supports during the entire ride.

Jer said:
rollermonkey said:
Jer said:

I only call it a death trap because of Joey being able to slap the supports during the entire ride.

Indeed. cool)

i'm short too so it could be an issue.

Sequoia Adventure is quite awkward and odd, but I think that the crown must go to el Baden that I've ridden some few years ago on a Spanish fair. It is basically just an enlarged butterfly, which is unusually rough on bottom.