What's new

SIX FLAGS NEW ENGLAND - Fright Fest, 2-31 Oct

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It’s Thrills by Day, Chills by Night at Fright Fest Presented by SNICKERS®. Six Flags New England has been transformed into a Halloween celebration for the entire family. You’ll have a ghoulish good time with our hair-raising Halloween themed shows, electrifying street entertainment, your favorite rides at night, plus our haunted attractions including Midnight Mansion and Wicked Woods. These two haunted attractions require an additional fee.

Park is open until 9/10 depending on the day. Check their website before visiting!

Im planning on going there soon. Saddly I want to know if either haunted attractions are worth our cash or like every food stop in sf. Its a waste of money.

So the kid & I hit up SFNE last Sunday to see if the park is a bit better during Fright Nights.
IMG_1775Small-1.jpg

There were a few Halloween 'scenes' on display.
IMG_1778Small.jpg

They were only along the main entrance walkway, with very little setup elsewhere.
IMG_1779Small.jpg

The section of the park that leads over to Mind Eraser & Batman was themed Area 51.
IMG_1783Small.jpg

It has an absolutely ghetto haunt that consisted of a couple of army tents.
IMG_1780Small.jpg

We couldn't even be bothered to wait in the relatively short queue line.
IMG_1781Small.jpg

This was the only other Halloween 'scene' we could find along the main walkways (also in Area 51).
IMG_1782Small.jpg

After walking around a bit we decided to ride some of the coasters, but the ride operations were so bad that we skipped all but Bizarro. I was filming a Batman off-ride video & thought they were running only one train until I went around to the side & saw that it was just taking forever to send the trains out of the station.
Bizarro has also really gone down since opening last year. The fire effects have been removed & the audio was only working on one train, plus all of the monitors had a windows error dialog box on them.
IMG_1797Small.jpg

I spoke to one of the ride ops about the state of the coaster & she confirmed that the fire effects have been permanently removed. She also said that they are going to change the audio next year so that it just plays music since they are having so many problems.

At least I was able to get a great nighttime POV, even without the fire effects.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bC3SvM_Hsc[/youtube]
I hope they can do something to bring this coaster back to it's former glory...
IMG_1798Small.jpg

...because the way it stand right now is insulting to it's top steel coaster ranking in my top 10 list.
IMG_1799Small.jpg

So after multiple rides on Bizarro we went to check out the haunts.
IMG_1802Small.jpg

This huge guy is located just outside of the Wicked Woods haunt. You have to buy separate tickets to go through the haunts & the line just to buy the tickets was so long we decided to skip it as well. The queue line to the actual haunt was even longer than the ticket line.
IMG_1803Small.jpg

So we decided to make an early night & leave. The Halloween stuff looked much better after dark.
IMG_1800Small.jpg

They even added a little smoke effects.
IMG_1801.jpg

But the best scene was actually the one that's there all year round...
IMG_1807Small.jpg

...and is used to advertise Fright Nights.
IMG_1808Small.jpg

Just before we left we made a slight detour to see if the queue line was just as long at the haunted house.
IMG_1804Small.jpg

It wasn't quite as bad, but still not worth waiting for. At least it appears that the fire damage from the previous week was minimal & couldn't be seen.
IMG_1805Small.jpg

So with that it was time to hit the road back home.
IMG_1806Small.jpg

Goodbye SFNE. I don't think you'll ever see us return more than once a year. It simply isn't worth it anymore.
IMG_1809Small.jpg