What's new

Theme Park Adverts

marc

CF Legend
Thought I would start a new topic for this.

I have never seen so many adverts in my life for theme parks as I am this year, they are just appearing all over the place.

Even in the south we are getting ones for Drayton Manor.

Alton and Chesstington are being advertised at least every hour as is Saw, but not Thorpe Park.

I have not seen any for Blackpool yet but I have for Fantasy Island.

I think its clever as they know so many people will stay in the UK this year.

The Alton one though I just find funny as its near enough the same as last year with the cows and fake coaster drawings. The chessington one still shows the log flume with its theming that was taken down years ago lol.

Thing is Saw the Ride is being advertised on social networking, Thorpehave made the clever step with the viral marketing campaign and its payed off!

I've saw the Alton Towers one "now with added sharks!"
Then theres Flamingo Land & Lightwater Valley using the same adverts as they have in the past years, at least Lightwater Valley have added a bit of text and a voiceover to announce the new "water ride"
And Saw, I've saw that quite a lot.

Usually get Blackpool/Infusion adverts but not seen one yet.

Alton Sea-Life, Chessie and Saw (mixed with AP ad) are constantly being played here nearly every ad break. I believe the marketing of Saw has worked too well though.

Drayton is every-so-oftern and we get this Infusion advert now with specsavers.

They are on far more often than other seasons.

I've seen the Alton, Thorpe, Chessie, Drayton and Infusion/Specsavers adverts a lot recently.

I've occasionally saw one for Legoland as well.

The Thorpe advert is really getting a lot of interest up here. Good marketing like A-Kid said.
More than once someone has said to me that they have saw Saw's advert and said that they want to go and ride it. Then proceed to ask me if I've been on it and whether it is any good. I've had to respond with a story of Thorpe's opening day.

I haven't seen any for Thorpe/Saw up here, but have seen a lot for Alton, Drayton, Blackpool and Chessington.

I can understand Alton, Drayton and Blackpool, as they're all within a 2 hour drive of here, but Chessington is really out of the way. Seems weird to see a lot of Chessie, but nothing of Thorpe, which is practically the same distance and operated by the same company.

I live sort of in the north and I've seen the Alton, Drayton Manor and Gullivers ones quite frequently. I've also seen the Pleasure Beach one quite a few times I thinks its really impressive. I love seeing them advertised haha.

I've seen just the Alton and Saw one once or twice on tv. I hate the Alton one though but the Saw one isn't that bad.

I just keep seeing the Saw one alot and also the Alton advert where they climb into the cow's arse and appear in the park.

No ads here. Not a single one. Ever. Perhaps in the newspapers, and some magazines, but I don't think Norwegian television has ever aired a park advert. I doubt the parks even make video adverts...

I laugh at the Saw one as I just think you poor people are going to queue 4 hours for that, and it will probably break down lol.

^^I would have guessed TusenFryd might even have one especially as its the largest park in the country.

The only one I've seen in Ireland is for one of our smallish parks which has just one Caterpillar coaster. The only others we get are for funfairs which are touring around.

I can't recall seeing any UK park adverts on tv here.

I've seen the Saw one, Alton Towers, Flamingoland, Drayton Manor, Fantasy Island, Lightwater Valley, Legoland, Pleasure Island, Chessington and Infusion/Specsavers one so far this year.

I keep seeing the Saw advert and i've never seen a Thorpe advert at home before.

Get a lot of Flamingoland, Pleasure Island, Blackpool and the occasional Alton Towers one. Saw a Fantasy Island one the other day too which surprised me.

Just the Alton, Drayton and Flamingloand ones; quite enamoured at Draytons insistence on having an ad on C5, every time Thomas the tank engine is on, very, very clever.