What's new

Top 10 Amusement Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

zips_6

Roller Poster
I was looking all over for this one and expected to find it, but I surprisingly didn't. Anyways, post your favorite parks here. Here's mine:

10. Disney's Animal Kingdom
9. Six Flags New England
8. Disney's Hollywood Studios
7. SeaWorld Orlando
6. Magic Kingdom
5. Universal's Islands of Adventure
4. Hersheypark
3. Six Flags Great Adventure
2. Universal Studios Orlando
1. Epcot

^Y'know what, let's leave the topic stand as it's titled 'Amusement Park' and not theme park.

1. Liseberg, Sweden
2. Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, United Kingdom
3. Knoebels, Pennsylvania
4. Lake Compounce, Conneticut
5. Grona Lund, Sweden
6. Linnanmaki, Finland
7. Quassy, Conneticut
8. Tivoli Gardens, Denmark
9. Bakken, Denmark
10. Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania (Actually a dump, but has a certain charm to it).

I would put Hersheypark into the mix as it's generally more of an Amusement Park rather than a Theme Park. However, I've left it out as most feel it's a theme park.

Darren B said:
^Y'know what, let's leave the topic stand as it's titled 'Amusement Park' and not theme park.

1. Liseberg, Sweden
2. Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, United Kingdom
3. Knoebels, Pennsylvania
4. Lake Compounce, Conneticut
5. Grona Lund, Sweden
6. Linnanmaki, Finland
7. Quassy, Conneticut
8. Tivoli Gardens, Denmark
9. Bakken, Denmark
10. Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania (Actually a dump, but has a certain charm to it).

I would put Hersheypark into the mix as it's generally more of an Amusement Park rather than a Theme Park. However, I've left it out as most feel it's a theme park.

I have never realized that great themeing is what makes Heide Park a top notch park. Enlighten me about you choice. :)

^I don't quite get what you're asking? Although I'm guessing you're wondering why Heide is my favourite park? I just don't get the question as it's irrelevant to this topic, but, I'll answer it anyway;

1. It has Colossos, the best woodie in Europe.
2. Krake. I absolutely love what Merlin have done with the theming for Krake, easily their best work. A fantastic coaster too.
3. Theming. The older sections of the park, prior to Merlin look absolutely beautiful. I love German style theming, and I think Heide do it better than anyone else in Germany. The entrance to the hotel from the park is incredible.
4. The hotel. Wow. Free unlimited beer, Beat that.
5. Staff. The staff are efficient, friendly, and really good at their jobs, a huge difference to the UK parks.

So yeah, that's why Heide does it for me, I don't think theres many that agree with me but I seem to have had 2 brilliant visits there this year.

^ Yeah, something in the lines of that... I've really found it weird that you don't have your favorite theme park in your top 10 of amusement parks... :)

^If you read the title 'Amusement Park' I'd refer to that as a park that is generally unthemed, that's why I originally said the topic should stand. Heide is a theme park, it has themed areas and the rides are heavily themed.

Take Liseberg, the park isn't particularly themed, the rides aren't particularly themed either.

There's a fine line sometimes between an Amusement park and a theme park, you could argue that Cedar Point is more along the lines of an Amusement park, but, it does have themed areas at least. Liseberg, PBB, Knoebels, don't.

A theme park is still an amusement park though since it has rides/"amusements".

However, an amusement park isn't necessarily a theme park.

Darren B said:
^If you read the title 'Amusement Park' I'd refer to that as a park that is generally unthemed, that's why I originally said the topic should stand. Heide is a theme park, it has themed areas and the rides are heavily themed.

Take Liseberg, the park isn't particularly themed, the rides aren't particularly themed either.

There's a fine line sometimes between an Amusement park and a theme park, you could argue that Cedar Point is more along the lines of an Amusement park, but, it does have themed areas at least. Liseberg, PBB, Knoebels, don't.

It certainly is a fine line - I'd say Liseberg has more theming than cedar point

The first post had loads of theme parks in, so I'm not actually sure the creator was going for just amusement parks.

Gröna Lund has Kvasten which is also pretty decently themed. And the ghost train and love boat ride are also themed obviously.

^All Amusement parks have some level of theming, just not themed areas. Liseberg is a beautiful park, but there are no themed areas. Same with Grona Lund and all the other parks I've posted.

I think that all theme parks are amusement parks but not all amusement parks are theme parks, so I'll just post my top 10 parks here.

1. Cedar Point
2. Busch Gardens Tampa
3. Holiday World
4. Canada's Wonderland
5. Dollywood
6. Busch Gardens Williamsburg
7. Kings Island
8. Knott's Berry Farm
9. Carowinds
10. Kings Dominion

^Thats not the point though. Realistically this topic should've been locked as the creator clearly intended it to be top 10 parks as a whole. However, I thought it should stay open with the intention of people posting their top 10 'Amusement parks' ie. Parks that aren't classified as 'theme parks'. But, that seems too difficult for people to grasp.

Correct, ALL theme parks ARE amusement parks, but, not all amusement parks are theme parks.

Jarrett, you did well to grasp the whole idea of the topic, then went and ruined it by posting theme parks. This is the point where I smack my head against a brick wall in fustration.

^Like I said, the definition of "theme park" and "amusement park" has its grey areas, I responded as I see things.

Cedar Fair considers its parks to be "themed amusement parks," and that's how I see BGW, BGT, DW, and HW. All of them have equal or lower levels of theming to Knott's Berry Farm, one of CF's properties. To me, the term "theme park" is reserved for Disney/Universal properties, and anything of that caliber that opens in the future.

Sorry if I've offended anyone.

2012Jarrett said:
To me, the term "theme park" is reserved for Disney/Universal properties, and anything of that caliber that opens in the future.

Don't forget Efteling, Phantasialand, Europa Park, Alton Towers and probably quite a few more :wink: .

Personally, I think a 'Theme' Park needs to have themed areas OR have the majority of its rides themed to something.

Gardaland for example, doesn't have themed areas, but you can't claim it isn't a theme park because a lot of the rides have quite high standards of theming.

Whereas, Liseberg doesn't have many themed rides at all, so I don't think it can be classified as a theme park.

To be honest though, I don't really care :)

Status
Not open for further replies.