What's new

Trips in the USA

reddude333

Giga Poster
I wish there was a way for me to go on trips. I live in the US and I realize this is more of a UK thing, especially for trips. I just wish I could get more involved in the CoasterForce community :?

Not really, unfortunately. Although if a Californian member would like to plan a live, I'm sure they can. There's a few Californians on here.

Well, I'd totally be up to a trip. Idk how it would work, but I'd try to be part of one. Can you refer me to any California members?

The problem is that 90% of the active US members are east of the Mississippi River.. so if you could come HERE.. then perfect! :p

reddude333 said:
Well, I'd totally be up to a trip. Idk how it would work, but I'd try to be part of one. Can you refer me to any California members?

I'm here!... but I'm hardly capable of planning an entire Live... Besides, my mission is to go on trips outside of California and ride new coasters, not spend a bunch to go around California and re-ride stuff I've already ridden a ton.

I guess I get what you mean, but I'm a college student so there is no way I could afford to go out of state :-\ Perhaps I had too wishful thinking. Well if any other Californians would consider a Live, I'd love to do one.

SnooSnoo said:
Hey, I was a college student and my count went from 42 to 259. You can do it. ;)

Very impressive. Speaking of counts, how many posts do I need before I can display my coaster count?

If you want to make some friends to hang out at parks with, then organise a meetup (not an official CF-Live), make it awesome, post an awesome report and encourage more people to do the same all over the country.

The number 1 thing that makes doing epic trips possible is knowing people you can do it with. If you have friends who want to visit parks too, you're more likely to be able to make the trip out further to join in with a CF-Live. You'd be surprised what you can afford if you're determined and enthusiastic, and having friends to do it with makes it possible.

I suppose so. I have a few friends that would probably be into it. I'm not so sure about the whole financial aspect though. But it might work itself out. Can I just make my own CF-Live event? Call it semi-official?

CF-Live events are all organized by the management & site team, but a lot of members plan their own meetups which you are more than welcome to do. Posting in the trip planning topic is a good start to see if there is a time & place where you can arrange to meet other members (ones that live in California or want to travel there to visit the parks).

East Coast(er) General said:
CF-Live events are all organized by the management & site team, but a lot of members plan their own meetups which you are more than welcome to do. Posting in the trip planning topic is a good start to see if there is a time & place where you can arrange to meet other members (ones that live in California or want to travel there to visit the parks).

Okay. Sounds fun. So how do these things normally go? Just kinda wondering what it's like usually.

Just go to the Trip Planning topic & make a post titled California Parks or something like that. Then let everyone know that you're would like to meet up at one or more of the parks there & for anyone who would be going & is interested in getting together to let you know. Then just see what replies you get & play it from there.
The more you post in the forums & the better everyone here gets to know you, the more likely someone will reply favorably. Keep in mind that Disneyland, Six Flags Magic Mountain & Knotts Berry Farm are all very popular parks & many members (including myself) have made multiple trips to Los Angeles to visit them & they are very high on the lists of parks to visit by members who have not had the opportunity yet. So you never know...