What's new

"Untamed" - Eurofighter for Canobie Lake Park

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
While trying to catch up on news that happened while I was in Germany I noticed that Canobie Lake is getting a new Eurofighter for 2011 called Untamed. They have this on the park's website:
Untamed.jpg

http://www.canobie.com

...and this photo on facebook:
33589_448539113826_18373183826_5293608_4348935_n.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/2a9nbk2

This will be the 3rd installation of the 320+ model in the world (after Rage & Falcon at Duinrell), the 1st in the USA & the 4th Euro fighter to come to America. It's also the first new coaster to debut at the park since the Canobie Corkscrew opened in 1987.

Layout:
untaimed%20layout.jpg

Ride sketch:
Praposal+theme.jpg

Station sketch:
stationart.jpg

Stats:
Model: Euro Fighter 320+
Length: 1185 ft
Height: 73 ft
Speed: 44 mph
Max Vertical Angle: 97 Degrees
Inversions: 3 - Loop, Immelmann, Zero-G Roll
G-Force: max 4.5, Min -1.5
Capacity: 850 riders per hour using 3, 8 Passenger cars.

RCDB:
http://www.rcdb.com/9517.htm

LOL at the bear! <3

Anyway, looks quite standard, but I like Eurofighters, so that's a good thing =]

Yay, etc.

Yeah I like these, they're cute an all that. I just think the loop is a bit too big for how small the whole ride is.

Never the less, these are always good additions to pretty much any park.

^Well I think a large loop is an easy way to make a big impression. Just imagine the talk in the park: "Wow, look at that big ass loop! Omg, I wanne ride it!!" It aint always about what rides the best but what looks the best (read: most impressive).

I think a Eurofighter is a good choice for a park that hasn't had a new ride in a long time. It's not the most exciting ride, but a good addition, and reltively easy to theme.

Clones

I don't like clones. I'm prejudiced against them. I like to go on original and special designed rides only. I'll go on coasters that are identical but released at the same time, but not clones. I have been on Batman at GADV, but that was the original clone for that group, so it's all good for me.

^That's just daft.

If a ride is awesome, I'll go on it no matter how many times it's been reproduced.

This should be a great little ride for the park. Rage was good fun, so I see no reason why this won't be as well.

Canobie Lake has posted station construction photos on their facebook page. It's looking exactly like the sketches they released.

185691_10150101180688827_18373183826_6286864_1854808_n.jpg

180768_10150101180618827_18373183826_6286861_4956200_n.jpg

Yeah. They have strict height restrictions at Canobie Lake, which is why the coaster will be quite small (compared to other Eurofighters) as well.

new

A standard 3-inversion eurofighter can do a lot of good for the park, considering they haven't had any new coasters this will give the some needed buzz.

How dare they get a clone? I mean, all the residents in New England are BOUND to have been to Southend and the middle-of-nowhere in the Netherlands. How do the park think they're going to get away with this?

I think this is the perfect fit for a park in need of a new decent coaster. We know this is not the tallest, fastest or most thrilling Eurofighter, but I guess it will do wonders to Canobie, since their last coaster was built in 1991, and the last decent coaster back in 1987...