What's new

What theme parks are the most GP friendly?

Gazza

Giga Poster
Not necessarily good for enthusiasts but good for everyone as a whole? Need some good suggestions.

The ones that immediately spring to mind:

In Europe -
  • Europa Park
  • Phantasialand
  • Efteling
  • Liseberg
  • Parc Asterix

In North America -
  • Silver Dollar City
  • Dollywood
  • IOA
  • SeaWorld
  • Could see the argument for some of the Six Flags/Cedar Fair parks in there too - some do have quite a broad coaster lineup, albeit generally lacking the charm of the 'independent' parks.

Will pass on Asia/Oceania - not enough experience.

Knoebels markets itself as a park for everyone and they literally have something for everyone.
  • Free admission for those that don't wanna ride so everyone can enjoy the park grounds
  • For those that do wanna ride, their tickets and wristbands are very affordable.
  • Plenty of shade
  • Amazing food, but they have picnic grounds so you can bring your own food if you don't wanna pay.
  • Rides for all ages. Most of the rides there have low height requirements so everyone can ride
  • Very pet friendly
  • There are free museums on-site
  • There's a golf course on-site too.

I’ve found Disney parks to be the best for GP-friendly experiences. They’re really good about accessibility and have plenty of resources to help you out. Universal Studios is another solid option, especially with their ride-access system. I’ve had smooth experiences at both!

For the USA I'd add Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Hersheypark. Both lovely parks in their own right that the GP seem to love. Great variety in each.

I think the Disney Parks for some reason. I feel like it might be a form of stockholm syndrome, as the way the parks operates are so harsh to anyone who hasn't spent 4 months planning their strategy for Genie+, reserved their dining 6 years in advance, and paid 200 a night for a motel..