What's new
FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain has closed

Its expensive, but ideally I'd love to see them retrack the whole ride and refine the rotations so it runs more like Eejanika. Eejanika is so smooth and the rotations feel much more refined than X2's constant awkward rocking motion that doesn't really add to the ride.

Looking at the park social media pages, it seems a lot of people still enjoy X2, so I feel like that would be the right way to go.

An Axis would be interesting for sure, but knowing S&S's reliability track record, I don't see it happening until the parks know they can get a coaster that doesn't have major maintenance issues.
 
These type of coasters are not really my cup of tea,they seem to push the limits a little bit too much but I also see that a lot of people are fond of this ride so hopefully they can do something to make it safer although it sounds like it will cost a huge amount
Dan Nguyen,Eejanika sounds much better than X2!I didn't realise it was so smooth.Do you feel like you're falling out when you're upside down like on pendulum rides or is it a different feeling?That theme park is in an ideal location!would love to visit
 
The end.
1790696139143.jpeg

The SoCal parks have always been on my bucket list and X2 was a large reason why when it comes to Magic Mountain in particular, especially given its prominent inclusion in one of my favorite video games ever, but I understand why they ultimately made this call. At least I’ll have Eejanaika to (hopefully) ride next year.
 
Last edited:
Gutted.
Loved that coaster. I rode it 16 years ago and it still sits just on the outer edges of my Top 10. Much like Kingda Ka, in fact, also a Top 10 coaster of mine: it's ridiculously big, it's stupid, it's expensive, its unreliable and it's rough as arse but my god, the ride experience in both cases was unforgettable.
Sad news indeed, man.
 
RIP to the monster.

A brave concept, and I respect SFMM for keeping it alive as long as they have, but I'm not surprised to hear it's met it's end.
 
Back
Top