FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by soleil

  1. S

    Theme park accommodation you've stayed at - best to worst

    Just a handful of theme park resort hotel stays: 1) Newport Bay Club @ Disneyland Paris - we got upgraded to this one as Sequoia Lodge was unavailable. Comfortable, good walking distance to the parks and the central 'village' without hearing it all. Breakfast was really good the times we...
  2. S

    Why is theme park food so bad?

    I hadn't thought about it quite like this, but I have to agree. But Swat is also right I think: "One thing that probably has an impact on the UK parks is that most people want a quick service style option given the small park operating hours. A proper resort that opens later into the evenings...
  3. S

    Why is theme park food so bad?

    Whilst I am sure that profit is a major factor in the theme park world, some places have in the past tried to offer better quality and choice than the distinctly average burger and fries, or the ubiquitous soggy-based pizza. I would never try the overcooked, steaming/bubbling water of a pasta...
  4. S

    Efteling - a first time visit short review

    Dollywood a great selection of rides, a fantastic atmosphere, good food and something for everyone. These two parks are very close together for me, Dollywood clinches it for the rides. A great ride park has a chance to be number one for me, but it also needs something else - be it atmosphere...
  5. S

    Efteling - a first time visit short review

    If my first time visit to Walibi Holland was underwhelming, then this visit to Efteling was the complete opposite. In a word, Wow. Not perfect - is anywhere? Negatives first - crowd levels. I chose to go on a day when the crowd prediction calendar said medium levels of visitors. For a Friday, it...
  6. S

    Walibi Holland - a first time visit, a short review

    On a day predicted by the park to be quiet, I visited for the first time. I will admit I was not feeling my best, but at rope drop proceeded to Untamed for the first ride of the day. Got on the first train (full) and waited, and waited, and waited... After 10 minutes, the queue line growing, we...
  7. S

    Last Cred Review

    Efteling for the first time Fliegende Hollander was down for almost the whole day so no rides. Max + Moritz - rode Moritz. Fun for the children learning to ride coasters, and I felt it was quite forceful at times for them. I liked the Max/Moritz interaction and some of the silly aspects all...
  8. S

    Last Cred Review

    A first trip to Walibi Holland Xpress: Platform 13 - a strong launch followed what is probably the best queue line I have encountered. No spoilers here... But the ride is what it is - an old school Vekoma with plenty of rattle and head banging between those restraints which are too close to...
  9. S

    List of rides that don't allow glasses even with a strap

    June 2026, a possible update for this list - no problems at Efteling last week. But I did have my strap on loose-ish at the back. Walibi Holland - Untamed. My first two rides with strap tight, no-one questioned. My third ride later in the day, the ride op pointed at my specs and I pointed to my...
  10. S

    List of rides that don't allow glasses even with a strap

    A point I wholeheartedly agree with. In fact, without my prescription glasses, I can see only blurred, fuzzy colours. I hate to think what would happen if I had to climb down the lift hill of e.g. Hyperia @ Thorpe Park. Without my glasses, I cannot read ride signage, see seat/train edges to step...
  11. S

    Thorpe Park visit - a quick review

    I had not been for quite a while, and though the visit was supposed to be in May, that had to be postponed yet again... Still I made it on a gloriously sunny day, after days of much rain and wind. I was hopeful, but not certain at getting my Hyperia cred. (Cred review posted) Waiting at one of...
  12. S

    Extreme Coasters in Europe: Has The Momentum Gone?

    I had been wondering, was 2024 a troublesome year for coasters; the initial problems with Hyperia @ Thorpe Park, Voltron @ Europa Park and ongoing issues with Top Thrill2 @ Cedar Point? I do hope investment levels are not low for Europe, but actually a knock-on effect from the massive pressures...
  13. S

    Last Cred Review

    Hyperia @ Thorpe Park After a delayed visit (due May), yesterday proved the perfect day to visit Thorpe Park for the first time in quite a while. Specifically a visit to ride Hyperia. Much has been said so here goes.... WOW, just about sums it up. Negatives first - it really is all metal sheds...
  14. S

    United Spites of America #2 - Part 13: Luna Wonder Center + Summary

    HeartlineCoaster wrote, "Then we left... A classic Cedar Point experience." A common occurrence, or just for the unlucky few.........? Many parks seem to run better than Cedar Point. It may be the 'coaster capital', but if you can't ride them when you visit....
  15. S

    Your A-Z favourite coasters

    An updated list with some recent additions. Numbers - different rides ridden with each name starting letter. Now for the Q... Air (@ Alton Towers) 6 Big Thunder Mountain (@ Disneyland Paris) 11 Cheetah Hunt (@ Busch Gardens Tampa) 7 DrageKongen (@ Djurs Sommerland) 10 Expedition...
Back
Top