What's new

Accident at Alton Towers

I gather she was involved in a car accident in the last couple of days too.
Apparently, this is news - and every headline has 'Alton Towers' or 'Smiler' in it somewhere. Some also have variations of 'brave', 'heroic' and 'survivor'.

Some will not admit their fifteen minutes have expired...

My mum was watching it before
lNHaEZOLPZ3xI07hDVX8MnvrAdRmbJYvi-9lZis3UwVFl_snhsgTjeQxQl1CaM13evOHZ5GEtXDTl19RGYaJuNiHABnCdW5DbQbFml61xZumk9jl453gUwmMdJWVFmdwpiNv5cGXfo5nOs7NPz531t8LWvTo2VZLz3hfRfghiRsLzXJYcVyOimmLuNdXH5oTwZT87m3ROjnPxQakxx9IolaTgnEv5TRZfSADi3vpl6frDNsE1Pd0zfzNbhUl6r-GrkYo-ifNfqx84Aj5SEMjOh96YvkeU7iibT7Mv5Y7xcyJW0P9QdHxYQpObGevScgRld5OD-tWlrY3KzyCAFuklPSx3QBwaA8WKMm23R0YuFUKenrSjJMnWyTP9k1L5VNGPaKC3AatPzMsAYS2twJo6En8e7kE02FylltlQaWFkF5bxd1MWV2JCzdDakjA5AmiiaDOJQ2YtG5zFydB0qOe3h4yTQyXvFvryDqolvRRwkU-6_1Ph148twmwGXrjJypI7TuKUeVHX1E6MkDVaMcXb6b-s0_fMzrNqHgUio4zCzIjh0zXWQIccXQCm4zwQNsGIWty_kRZs8ORep3fMFeL8I1NMov5olcjH9pl4crcBA=w240-h180-no

I watched some of it by accident and realised after a while it was her.

I feel like she has every right to milk it and make the best of it, but that doesn't change the fact that she clearly is. That said she came across well imo and wasn't going on about it, because for ages I wanted confirmation it was her and was listening to every detail looking for info haha.

The problem will come when they reopen it with the same theme, especially if they choose to advertise it on TV or around the park. There's no way the media won't pick up on the concept of the ride if the theme stays the same and they'll just see it as a huge park not being sensitive to past incidents.

Let's say it opens in 12 months time with the same 'join the smiler' get 'marmalised' to the point where you have changes to 'mind and body' and join the 'ministry of joy' cult. Makes no sense anymore.

And if they change all the terminology it'll just be stupid, it'll have all that sinister laughing in the queue, ride staff dressed in those costumes that signify they've already undergone the changes. The park will never risk it. The media will use it after ride reopening to cause a storm and again bring negative publicity.

Why is everyone so keen on keeping the theme anyway? In light of recent events it'd be a stupid business decision and the park know it, hence why they've ripped all the signage and merch out. I wouldn't fancy walking around in a smiler t shirt after recent circumstances
it has been four years, get over it!!
the smiler will stop for no one, smile always!!!

it has been four years, get over it!!
Says the one resurrecting a topic which hasn't been posted in for over a year... :rolleyes: Cool to see you're a new member, but i'd recommend posting on more recent topics and adding something to the discussion rather than attacking a member on a dead topic. Dear god I created this monster of a thread. What have I done?! I am so sorry CoasterForce. I didn't realise what it would become ? I'm going to go back to lurking. Perhaps it's time to shut this thread?

Until people let them move on, the greatest park in the UK will never be able to get back to doing what they do best. New owners, nearly a new decade... I agree, time to close thread (not that I’m under any illusions that my opinion matters whatsoever ?)

Celebrity Big Brother isn't going on anymore, I think it's safe to close the topic.
Love Island is the new BB.

She would absolutely win it, hands down, the public always go for the one with the sob story.

Edit - Sorry for bumping this **** thread.