What's new

addy2503's RCT3 Competition. And the winner is...

Re: addy2503's RCT3 Competition. Judging Time!

^^ I know you didn't mean it that way now, I just thought you were kinda getting revenge. It was a big mis-understanding.

^^As have you buddy, I am just thinking about it anyway, I have been (as most of us have) churning out coasters really quickly, I normally only make 4 or so a year, because they take forever. Plus I really want to get back to my Alton Towers recreation that I have put on hold for about 6 months.
I will still play the game, but at my own pace, if a comp comes up and I have a pre-made coaster that fits the criteria I`ll probably enter it.

Well, I can understand that. I have a side project in RCT3 that I might use for the final round of Mouse's comp (pending me making it in) if it fits the specs...

I have a few half projects in the single coaster division, some of which are actually completed but just haven't got round to recording. its weird because I can sometimes fall out of love with my coasters after spending 10 hours on them for no reason whatsoever, so they either sit in the back round of other coasters or get deleted, its crazy to spend that amount of time on something that just doesn't get used.

My scores are in!

Am I a formidable adversary, reddude333/CP10? ;) :p

Mine too are now.

Well you`re still in the mouse competition so you`re doing something right, in fact I really liked your 20x20 entry, but I haven't faced you in any other competition yet.

^^I agree about the block challenge...was kinda worried when I saw you put out that entry. You definitely have some good entries in general though.

Yeah your entries good Josh73, you should definatly enter more competitions

Time for the scores!
But first, heres what i thought of all 3 coasters:
Thekingin64
I liked the layout overall, generally a nice speed throughout, I would ride it if it was a real coaster. I found it quite annoying when the trees intersected with the coaster & buildings, I know that sometimes it is unavoidable, but there must be something that can be done about it. Overall a nice coaster.

Reddude333
Really liked the entrance into the mine, the actual mine was built really well, there’s some pretty cool head choppers in there. The layout is very nice, with a generally good speed throughout. I would ride if it was a real coaster.

mouse
Generally a nice layout & speed, it was a bit slow to get going, but after the first big drop it was ok. I did feel that some of the airtime hills were a bit small & taken a bit quickly. There were a couple of points where the scenery intersected the track, but as said earlier that is sometimes unavoidable. Overall a generally good coaster with a couple of little bits that I felt could have been improved. I would probably ride this if it was real.

Time For The Scores!
Thekingin64
Averages from all judges:
Realism: 8.2
Scenery: 8.3
Theming: 8.3
Layout: 8.8
Overall: 33.2

Reddude333
Realism: 8.6
Scenery: 9
Theming: 9.3
Layout: 8.5
Overall: 35.5

mouse
Realism: 8.5
Scenery: 8.5
Theming: 8.2
Layout: 7.6
Overall: 32.8

And the winner is... Reddude333!!!
Congratulations!
I am going to try and get a celebratory banner made for you as a prize.

Well done to Thekingin64 & mouse.

I came second!!! :D :D

Anyway, well done Reddude. I did actually love your coaster. Only in times like that, that CS works. It was done realy well.

^ I know, it was a poorly executed joke. :roll:
Anyway, well done to Kingin64 and reddude333!

Good job to mouse and thekingin64, you did great. :D There was some though competiton!

And my bad about the 3rd place thing. :)

Well done to all three of you, they were all really good coasters in their own unique way, you should all be proud of your work.

Thank you to all and to the judges. I really enjoyed making my coaster for this comp and it was great seeing everyone else's entries. Well done by all.

And here is your prize!
(Thanks to mouse for making it)
rct3.png

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n59 ... 9/rct3.png