What's new

Adventure City | Rewind Racers | Gerstlauer Shuttle

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Adventure City in Anaheim, California (near Knott's Berry Farm) has finally announced that they are replacing Tree Top Racers, their old Miler Manufacturing wild mouse coaster, with a new Gerstlauer shuttle coaster called Rewind Racers.

RewindRacer.jpeg

At a cost of over 2 million dollars, this coaster will be Adventure City’s largest single investment to date in its 20 year history. ... The coaster will move both forward and backwards and will accommodate riders of all ages. With a mere 39″ height requirement, the coaster’s unique design comfortably seats both small children and adult passengers, allowing the whole family to join in on the fun. Themeing for the ride ride, queue, station and video production for the building interiors will be provided by R&R Creative Amusement Designs of Anaheim, Calif.
source: http://www.amusementtoday.com/adventure-city-announces-new-rewind-racers-roller-coaster/

http://rcdb.com/10976.htm

Re: Adventure City getting Gerstlauer Shuttle

Aw, how lame. Those Miler Mice are weird and a little rough, but great fun. This was one of the last ones left, too.

I agree with everyone else, looks like a fun little coaster.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Looks fab, and considering the place was disgusting when AJ and I visited and looked on the brink of closing down it's good to see it's investing something! Being between Disney and Knott's it has the perfect position to actually thrive as a park. Good for them.

Odd that the artwork clearly shows the Vekoma layout but the coaster is confirmed to be Gerst.

Nice little addition though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2kK5GjmK28[/youtube]
So... whatever became of this? Even questions asked on the parks own facebook page of gone unanswered. RCDB has photos of the track at least being onsite... And Adventure City's website has nothing about it, not even "coming soon" (in fact, it still lists Tree Tops... haha)

Is this the place with the gun shop in the parking lot? <3.

The mouse is fab though <///3.

Here's an update for all who were wondering if this is happening or not:
Adventure City is expecting installation of a roller coaster believed to be a first-of-its-kind for the younger crowd to be completed in early 2015.
Construction crews began working in September on the $2million Rewind Racers, the first family shuttle coaster built in North America by German-based Gerstlauer Amusement Rides GmbH. Gerstlauer has other rides in U.S. theme parks, including Coastersaurus at Legoland, according to the Roller Coaster Database website.
“It’s not going to be super fast or super tall or scary,” said Allen Ansdell, general manager of the theme park, which straddles the Anaheim and Stanton border and caters to families with kids up to age 12. “For our crowd we are just looking for fun, and going backward on a roller coaster is fun.”
The new ride will replace Tree Top Racers, which was installed in 1999 and no longer operates. Crews have put in 57 concrete underground columns that will support the seven-car coaster. Two people will be able to sit in each car.
Crews are expected to begin assembling the coaster in December. The coaster was initially expected to open in the summer.
“Once the coaster is installed, it will require many tests and approvals from various agencies and inspectors prior to opening to the general public,” Ansdell said, adding that the ride could begin operating as early as March.
Opened in 1994, the 2-acre park at 1238 S. Beach Blvd., has the motto of “Little Theme Park That’s Big on Family Fun.” The park features 10 rides as well as an arcade, a children’s theater and a petting farm.
“We are trying to be a well-rounded park,” Ansdell said. “We are taking the small children family section and building a park around that.”
Rewind Racers will be 45 feet tall and stretch 190 feet, sitting at Beach Boulevard and Starr Street. The height requirement for the ride will be 39 inches, allowing children as young as 4 to experience their first roller coaster ride.
Source: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/coaster-641645-park-roller.html

Sorry for not posting this sooner, but I had the opportunity to stop Adventure City when I was in Los Angeles covering the MLS Cup Final last week and took a few photos and filmed a video. I'm still not sure what the long delay was in getting construction started, but at least it's going up very quickly and I have no doubt that it will be opening by early spring.

10749998_10152473937408639_6021091403320067480_o.jpg

10475432_10152473937438639_8896751227805752356_o.jpg

1655559_10152473937488639_7764904572641488439_o.jpg

10860919_10152473937513639_5734769229836131421_o.jpg

10835080_10152473937543639_8723489759129371097_o.jpg

10857746_10152473937588639_2972717406845214521_n.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBcJemknP78[/youtube]

We have a POV!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KloAGaQ0NJI[/youtube]

The garage at the top of the first 'spike' won't be completed until this fall.

I think the Vekoma one looks so much better, this just dies when it gets to the helix, still a good ride for a this tiny park and I'm sure children will love it!

It's impossible for me to not compare it to Ben 10 at Drayton Manor. I'd echo what owentaylor said, the Vekoma ones are a lot better. Where is is the energy and excitement? I don't like the way the train almost levels out at the top of the lift hill, there's far more anticipation when riders are held for a few seconds in a slanted position. And that helix....BLEEGGGHHHHH!

It's orange though so it can have a thumbs up from me.