What's new

Alton Towers | Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure | kiddie

Re: Alton Towers | unknown | unknown kiddie coaster

Martyn B said:
They could probably only get away with relocating it to Mutiny Bay (if there's room), or maybe the Gloomy Wood? Either thay or get rid IMO.

The park has enough coasters, they need to start adding diversity to the likes of Xsector, Dark Forest and Forbidden Valley, im the form of family/kids rides.
The park has more than enough family and kids rides, they have three sections dedicated to that market, the needs to add thrilling flats and beef up the range of thrill rides available. An Enterprise, a pirate ship and a half dead Top Spin doesn't cut it for the ''UK's number 1 theme park''.

And if they want to be considered a family park, then they need more diversity around the park. It cant be fun for adults to take their little kids in the 3 main thrill ride areas, with nothing for them to do.

Wouldn't adding family/kiddie rides to X-Sector and Forbidden Valley just defeat the point of the theme though? X-Sector is themed to a sinister government organisation, clearly being a place for teens and adults. The same goes for Forbidden Valley and Dark Forest. As owenrita said, the park does already have loads of family rides and a lot more of them than thrill rides.

^it would, but at the same time I imagine Alton to be a very frustrating/exhausting place for families to visit because attractions are segragated in this way. When I first took my boyfriend he didn't even KNOW Old MacDonald's Farm/Cloud Cuckoo Land existed, and he was only aware of Mutiny Bay because we walk through it to get to other attractions. It just shows you how defined the areas are in terms of what attractions they offer, it's quite a weird way to do things.

In other news, found this posted on Towers Street:

b6f73852161e716416cdfe8101d1a75e.jpg

From the description it actually sounds quite fab, more of an interactive thing over a mere kiddie cred! Also the image gives us a little something to go on in terms of what we can expect, although obviously its just a rendering and may be totally different!

What's with all the Spinball hate? MS spinners are fab!

^lol as in standard with Merlin renderings <//3

I posted the screenshot on page 11 as its from me :p

elephant58 said:
Wouldn't adding family/kiddie rides to X-Sector and Forbidden Valley just defeat the point of the theme though? X-Sector is themed to a sinister government organisation, clearly being a place for teens and adults. The same goes for Forbidden Valley and Dark Forest. As owenrita said, the park does already have loads of family rides and a lot more of them than thrill rides.

Nah- Theme a playground or flat ride correctly and it'll blend in nicely!

Omg imagine the endless possibilities! It's actually be fab <3 Where though?

Well there's room in that bland area around Air. Which could also do with being rethemed to fit.

If that space around Air becomes more like the original plans, with rocks and water effects, then that would be nice. It also desperately needs a repaint, hopefully still in its original colours.

John Wardley said at the TowersTimes event that Air will probably never get those effects, but I have heard that the new coaster might have a water effect.

^I highly doubt a little kiddie coaster would get an expensive water effect.

Given the Octonauts theme, and focus on interactivity required by the ride, don't rule out effects...

Besides, would make a nice change that a kiddie coaster would gain such effort, which is a good thing really...

elephant58 said:
^I highly doubt a little kiddie coaster would get an expensive water effect.
Why not? That kiddie coaster at Waldameer is built over a pond with fountains and stuff.
LOL at describing a water effect as "expensive".

Yes, to be fair, I get your point. But, I was getting at the fact that Air's were and get something along that scale on a kiddie coaster would seem a bit odd.

What Air water effects?

Unless you mean the ones that were cut because of the cost of the ride itself going up, as prototypes are want to do... Sometimes the budget has to get cut out somewhere if cost unexpectedly soar...