What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

You can work out all letters except J, X, Y, Z in that video. Bit of a shame they've gone for a straight out letter for symbol approach, but I guess not many people would be willing to put in the effort for something a bit more time-consuming.

There's not much else in that video of note though. There's a few 'weird' things like some hairstyle changes, things moving / disappearing, but not that interesting. The SW8 book that drops on the floor is written by 'N. E. Soheeb'; part of me hopes it's meant to try and be an anagram of 'hone bees', to try and make people think of the Wickerman vibe..

Edit: Never mind, the book is by N. E. Sohceb, which is 'Be Chosen' Backwards...

Last edited:
You can work out 17 of the letters and the number 8 from the video. The website and all other words that have been put everywhere just say 'Be Chosen' or 'Chosen', there's no other info anywhere.

You can work out 17 of the letters and the number 8 from the video. The website and all other words that have been put everywhere just say 'Be Chosen' or 'Chosen', there's no other info anywhere.

You can definitely work out more than 17.

The phrases 'Secret Weapon Programme' (TV screen), 'Entrance' (Air Poster) and 'SW8 - Ground Breaking Development (construction is happening) are all translated. H and Q are translated when she walks past the bookcase. Some of them are a bit hard to make out, but they're all there; leaving just J, X, Y, Z unknown for now (though Z and O are left untranslated when she walks past the bookshelf..)

^ apart from all the other backwards wooden coasters there have been?
(to be fair, I think they have all reverted to forwards only these days)

Ok, I'll rephrase. World's first DECENT backwards roller coaster and world's ONLY backwards roller coaster.

Considering the amount of downtime X:/WTF had because people were throwing up everywhere, I doubt Merlin would consider a backwards coaster. It's not new, or anything special, and would ruin what could be a good little ride.

Anyone got a coaster count for Elliot Crawford? I'm sure he's had to have ridden at least 150 roller coasters to be so knowledgeable! :p

Random side question as well - why was Rita not a SW coaster?

Anyone going to consider the awfully loud sort of white noise at the end of the video? It's probably there for a slight creep factor but it does seem rather strange.

Anyone going to consider the awfully loud sort of white noise at the end of the video? It's probably there for a slight creep factor but it does seem rather strange.
Just assume it's all a rouse. All of it, is a rouse.

If you look at the sound as a waveform (not sure if that's the right word) it just says 'BE CHOSEN'. Seems like all the codes so far just say that.

I thought the white noise was quite good actually, mainly because it achieved its aim of making me feel a bit creeped out. Even if the end product is gonna be completely the opposite.

It reminds me of patronising ****e we had to watch in infant/junior school back in the eighties.
For those who remember I wanted them to to do the "magic magic e" on screen for the runes.
Christ the eighties children subconsciously influenced on drugs!!!!!

This is what the noise at the end looks like on a spectrogram:
a8ced435fb051d2c892cf4d6b18e3897.jpg

Just a little bit cringe-y, but...
They are new to presenting and their script is awful.

They worked hard to make it decent. But yeah, awful script and it showed they struggled with it, especially with the lady.

Last edited: