What's new

Best Themed Flat in UK?

Sandman

Giga Poster
So, I've been thinking about the UK's flat ride selection, which is fairly scarce at the moment. We do have some gems like Apocalypse at Drayton which in my opinion is still one of the best drop towers out there.

But, which flat out there is the best themed? I'm not just talking about the ride itself, but the whole idea that it immerses you with it's overall aesthetic and narrative. I think for me, Hex would probably be a likely candidate for the best themed title.

Tomb Blaster at Chessington. The queue, the ride, the whole area it sits in. Delicious.

Hex is the best located, but it's kinda cheating.

Are Dark rides Flats now?
Surely both Hex and Tomb Blaster are Dark rides?

Best themed flat is the Red Arrows ride at Blackpool imo.

Hex is definitely a flat ride by anyone's definition. Tomb Blaster is more sketchy, but I group flat and dark rides together. (Coasters, flats, water)

I guess Hex feels more like a dark ride with the pre shows, but yeah, essentially it's a flat. Tomb Blaster is as much a flat as Duel or Men in Black though.

Call me basic but i thought kobra at Chessington looked half decent. That said it was dark at the time...

The Drunken Barrels at Drayton are really well themed for this countries standards.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

DelPiero said:
Are Dark rides Flats now?.

Well, that depends on how the ride is presented but I don't consider dark rides and flat rides to be different entities. Also sort of comes down to content. Like, Valhalla is a water ride, but I'd also count it as a dark ride. Sort of fits the bill.

Drunken Barrels is a good choice. As is Tomb Blaster if people are willing to accept it :p
To be fair, Chessington is generally one of the best 'themed' theme parks in the UK. I love Kobra's general aesthetic too, Chris.

I always classed Hex, Tomb, etc at dark rides; a separate thing from flat rides. So I'll ignore those ones.

Kobra is good, Drunken Barrels is pretty awesome too. So they're definitely high up there. Rameses Revenge used to have more theming too (if I remember rightly?) and it was fab. Also a shout out to Detonator pre-Angry Birds; things like the canon marks on surrounding buildings, along with the music, made it quite nice imo

GuyWithAStick said:
Idc if it's not a flat, that new dino area at Paulton's looks so fab!

Indeed it does. Now we just need some well themed flats around the area and wallah!

Sandman said:
GuyWithAStick said:
Idc if it's not a flat, that new dino area at Paulton's looks so fab!

Indeed it does. Now we just need some well themed flats around the area and wallah!
They do have a car ride, I don't know if that would be classed as a flat though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

They're getting a Zamperla Demolition Derby too; that's certainly got potential to be up there!

Thinking about it, the flats in Thomas Land at Drayton are all quite nicely themed. Perhaps not the best, but worthy of a mention.