What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Officially yes, but soft openings have been much rumoured for after the first May bank holiday.
Nothing confirmed however.
They will want it open as soon as possible to rake in the pennies though.

Yaaaas, I was hoping for a late May opening. Will be going a week later on 31/05, but still within May half term. FUN TIMES!1

Just wondering if the ride will be featuring Single Rider/use of Speedy Pass? I haven't seen or heard of anything yet.

Not heard anything of a single rider queue, and as the park currently has zero, I won't be building my hopes up.
I recall shouts from the ride staff on the big one in early days asking single riders to push forward to fill single seats, I think that is as good as we are going to get.
Single shot queuejumpers are more than likely to happen as well, separate from speedypass bolt ons.

It'd be cool to stand on the exit bridge between the two launches and watch the coaster going round above you.

Oh, and the east side of Big Dipper's lift hill (next to Icon) is being painted grey.

Last edited:
Thought they had said all the woodies weren't going to be painted anymore?

I was going to post that. Did we see it from the Ples themselves? I've only seen it reported second-hand.
ETA - I suppose that the Roller Coaster has to keep its stupid name and colour until its corporate whoring runs out.

I wrote this as a reply on a different forum about the Financial Health of The Pleasure Beach and thought I might as well share it here. (Is there a general Blackpool Pleasure Beach Thread? I couldn't find it, sorry)

I've dived into their Annual Filings to Companies House to see what their financials have looked like since 1987.

In short: Blackpool do have financial issues, a high debt level and seem to rely on new investments to produce profit. They've improved a lot over the years though, it also shows just how much Valhalla and Pleasureland Southport affected the company.