What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Rode it yesterday,
Realy great coaster, was just expecting it be much more feisty!
The latter end of the second half was just slow meandering. And felt almost as tame as Air in parts.

It didn't have the wow factor for me, and was absolutely lacking a punch!!
Slightly underwhelmed, but overall a half decent attraction for the park, truly can't see it being better than blue fire, and I haven't even rode it.
Maybe a re-ride later in the year may change my mind but for now that is my honest opinion on ICON

Last edited:
What a shame. Such high hopes, but the pacing is off in both sections. Still looking forward to riding it next month but don't think it will displace Nemesis as my fave UK coaster.

Rode it yesterday,
Realy great coaster, was just expecting it be much more feisty!
The latter end of the second half was just slow meandering. And felt almost as tame as Air in parts.

It didn't have the wow factor for me, and was absolutely lacking a punch!!
Slightly underwhelmed, but overall a half decent attraction for the park, truly can't see it being better than blue fire, and I haven't even rode it.
Maybe a re-ride later in the year may change my mind but for now that is my honest opinion on ICON

Honestly, this is what I've always expected from Icon after riding Helix. In no way do I think it'll be a bad ride, it just won't be as intense as something like Taron. Thanks for an honest opinion and not just hyperbole.

It looks to be running slower in that POV than in real life, so I presume the train is empty.
I hope so, although it seems this POV was filmed in the afternoon/evening based on where the sun is located so can't use the argument of early in the day so needs to warm up.
@BBooth2's review seems to be in line with the POV, I'm sure once the Live happens and more of our members ride it we will get a load of none ERT biased reviews.

They're still using the "same forces as a racing driver" line from when they announced the ride. The "theme" is all over the place.

The POV uploaded recently honestly sums it up, the second launch was barely noticeable, entering the break run on wickerman I was clapping my hands and cheering, this was just a, oh is that it kind of feeling.

The POV makes it look a hell of a lot slower than it feels, it really is an outstanding ride and by far my favourite coaster in the UK.

I presume this was filmed on a cold, very early morning empty train.

The map has stuff missing for a start. Where is the Steeplechase track? And the Big Dipper turnaround section is missing. Does nobody proof read these? I have a fair few BPB park maps, and whilst I don’t analyse them with a fine toothed comb, to leave out big chunks of a couple of rides is a bit crap

Edit: Actually the Steeplechase track is shown, I think I’m referring to an early map from this season where it wasn’t present. Still, Big Dipper comes to an abrupt end after the dive bend !
That's in prep for next year when they both get torn down without notice

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk