What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Matic

Re: Wallace & Gromit Confirmed For Pleasure Beach

Although I really detest W&G, I'm looking forward to seeing the transformation take place.

Oh man I watched this show as a kid constantly, too bad they died off in the states. Definitely going to be one of the childhood nostalgia rides for me if I get out to Blackpool within the next decade.

I love how they disguise the grim looking construction with a single plant :D
IMG_1635.jpg

This ride should be a refreshing change from the Gold Mine, which was quite frankly...dull!!

Fixed.

untitled.jpg

A few pics from PBE;

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

Hopefully we'll have photo updates on the forum, on a weekly basis now.

Why on a weekly basis? I doubt much Visibly changing for quite some time now. It's just be easier to update when an update is necessary ;)

Lofty said:
Why on a weekly basis? I doubt much Visibly changing for quite some time now. It's just be easier to update when an update is necessary ;)

Because there's always something going on. :p

^ I think Lofty means "hy not update when we can see something else apart from a faux wall? "Oh look, a new girder is in place!" Having said all that, I got excited when a digger lifted it's shovel on The Swarm, construction site.

So, are they keeping the track or anything from GoldMine? I hope it still interacts with the River Caves and that restaurant thing, I've always liked that element!

Is River Caves even still open while this is bring constructed?

Yea, river caves is open but that area has got a load of walling around blocking the construction site and some of the theming.

nadroJ said:
So, are they keeping the track or anything from GoldMine? I hope it still interacts with the River Caves and that restaurant thing, I've always liked that element!

Is River Caves even still open while this is bring constructed?

They are keeping the track, but it is being refurbished. No one knows if any of the theming will be kept, as I doubt it would fit the Wallace & Gromit theme - Would be a shame not to see Indiana Jones in Carbonite anymore though :p .

Yes, River Caves is still open during construction of the new ride. It won't interact with River Caves anymore, as the "Blue Grotto" area of River Caves has been covered and changed + The Restaurant has moved to Bean Street FY4 and has partly been replaced by an Ice Cream Cafe.

Hey guys, I don't if you know but on the Pleasure Beach Expeirence Forums someone posted an offical artical that the Thrill-O-Matic will have on ride photo and that their will be different expeirences. Sounds intresting. I suppose it could mean that they will have four different storylines to the four feature lengthed episodes but I don't know.

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach |Wallace & Gromit Thrill-o-Mati

I know this is brought up kind of randomely, but there are rumours that they will remove the Wild Mouse, before the 2013 season starts :(

There will be uproar if they done that as its a protected coaster I think? Plus ACE will try and stop them.

I thought it was grade 2 listed but its not.

The only rides in the country listed are the Scenic Railway and the Hull Water Chute.

Any of the rides at Blackpool would be difficult to get listed, the Mouse the hardest as it's actually pretty new. Erm, this could really do with its own topic though :lol:

Why is this in Other Ride Construction, GoldMine's a cred <////3

Ben said:
Why is this in Other Ride Construction, GoldMine's a cred <////3

Somebody just scored a point in the Mods "new forum layout Bingo competition" ;)

[strike]4. Ben will argue that something in Other Construction is a cred[/strike]

:lol:

SO hope that isn't true! Wild Mouse is one of my favourite coasters!

And I was only talking about it today with some n00b at work </3