What's new

"Blue Fire" Mack Coaster for Europa Park

Mike T said:
I know... I know this one is going to be hard for a lot of you to swallow... actually no it isn't because most of you are fanboys, but at this point Saw looks a bit better than this one...

*snort*

Mike T said:
I know... I know this one is going to be hard for a lot of you to swallow... actually no it isn't because most of you are fanboys, but at this point Saw looks a bit better than this one...

Nej.

It might be an opinion, but still, nej.

^ LOL

I still say that it looks faster then it was in the first test run. But it does loose it's speed a bit faster now with the whole train completed, due to air resistance.

LOL, are you joking! For a start it's near impossible to judge the speed from that video as the camera used had a crappy frame rate. And secondly, Saw's layout is so blindingly obviously 10 times worse than this.

I think it might be hard for a Saw fanboy to swallow this, but this looks a lot better than saw!

^Have you ever been to Europa Park?
If you have then you would know that all the rides there look really good but lack anything exciting in their rides.
And you can tell how slow it is going in that video. You just have to watch it to see how slow it goes through those inversions.

Yeah guys cause ****, Blue Fire just flys over that airtime hill... It hauls ass through the zero-g rolls... And it books it into the brake run. For a ride that was promised to be running at 1/4 more the speed that they tested it at, they sure failed in that regard. But nope, suddenly this slow speed has become acceptable, regardless of what was previously mentioned. You'd think for Mack's "show room model" they'd put a little more umph into it, much like B&M did with Kumba. I still think it looks like fun, but when half the enthusiast community is calling this the best ride of 2009 before it even tests... then we see it perform like it did in the video... there's no way this thing is going to be as good as everybody is thinking. From the looks of it, rides like Diamondback, Manta, Rockit, Saw, Curse, Prowler, and iSpeed should deserve honorable mention before this thing is ever considered. Make the snide remarks all you want, but if nobody else is going to have the balls to point out the fallacy that is Blue Fire, then I'm glad then I did.

Crazycoaster said:
Is it actually testing at full speed though?

Well if the ride has been tested with people on it, it's been signed over. I see no reason to be launching it slower or faster than it is already. Heck if anything, they'd be doing their over speed stress tests by now, assuming that they haven't done so already.

I don't understand it though? Isn't a launch coaster supposed to be about speed?? Why launch a coaster and have it hobble its way around the track? Even Velocity looks faster than this thing!! Give me a mega-lite anyday!!

SnooSnoo said:
Not all launch coasters are all about speed. Did you even look at this layout?

What sort of question is that?? :evil:

I know that its got inversions, but they should be taken with speed otherwise you just get a ride like g-force. That is how not to take inversions...

Even if it has been signed over it's perfectly possible they're still running it slow for whatever reason they were running it slow to start with.

This doesn't mean it has NEVER been ran at full speed, when being signed over, it could then have been reduced.

Why? Dunno. It just seems a bit odd they were going to run it faster and just... aren't, no?

jayron7 said:
SnooSnoo said:
Not all launch coasters are all about speed. Did you even look at this layout?

What sort of question is that?? :evil:

I know that its got inversions, but they should be taken with speed otherwise you just get a ride like g-force. That is how not to take inversions...

Well.. you said..

Isn't a launch coaster supposed to be about speed??

So I said.. look at the layout.. and show me what about this layout gives you the sense that it was made to be about speed?

My response had nothing to do with how fast the coaster takes the inversions.

But what would I be doing commenting on a ride if I haven't been looking at the layout??

The launch is about speed and acceleration, so theoretically a launch coaster is about speed!! Regardless of whether it has inversions or not....otherwise might as well have a lift hill.....

Kanonen and Speed Monster have rubbish launches, and then inversions aplenty, so it does happen. Not sure I'd call them "show models" though.

Of course Kanonen is pain on a stick, whereas Speed Monster is too smooth, go figure :p.

I think waiting for some reviews from actual riders would help.

loefet said:
oriolat2 said:
I have to admit it looks really awesome althought I was expecting something more fast-paced, a bit like Maverick.

Specially that first overbanked turn where it nearly stalls. Is this the normal operating speed or are they going to increase the launch speed?
The people over at EPfans, think that they are indeed going to increase the speed over time of testing. Especially when they get the complete car bodies on.

Thats what people read Erol.

They probably are running it faster now, but due to the trains being complete and people on it the speed is the same if you know what I mean.

EPfans... sure...

If they were to run it at full speed, they would have done it before loading it with people. I see no reason whatsoever to continue running at this 'slow speed' with people on it. If thats the case, it would need to be signed over for a second time declaring it safe to operate at the new speed.