What's new

"Blue Fire" Mack Coaster for Europa Park

Could it not actualy be possible that the piece of track that is up may not even be connected to the beginning of the track, its just that, like you said, iuf its not an overbank its gonig to havea really strange Tophat/drop thing into that piece of track?

I don't know about anyone else, but I always hate it when Mack does intamin-style tri-rail- it never looks quite as good as Intamins... It really upsets me for no particular reason. Strange.

Notice that theres attachment for a second layer of track on those supports below the layer we have already...

So the Intamin/Mack coaster looks to be a looper from the advert (Foreground looks like a part of a corkscrew). It might just be an overbanked turn, though. If it is a Mack, it looks to have eMotion coaster track structure.

From the looks of it in those pictures, It looks like it's just a large banked turn at the start of the ride. Looks like it'll have some height on it from the steepness of that track.

Looking promising though.

Well, they do line up if you look at footers.

Does anyone know what type of cars this will have or anything yet? I have a really weird feeling that the cars are going to spin, which wouldn't work on a launched coaster really.

Gazza said:
I have a really weird feeling that the cars are going to spin
I'd agree that it is weird to even be thinking that.

If you look at the topic over at TPR, then it says "Worlds First" on them, and also quite a few of them have something to do with spinning.

Is it me or does the overbank thing, look really really strange!?!

I was thinking it was gonig to be a shallow tophat at the beginning biut its prooved me wrong lol!

Wow.

Didn't even realise we had vertical Construction.
I must say, it's looking good.

Does that turn come out from a tunnel?

This coaster is intriguing..

pict0011.jpg

http://www.ep-board.de/viewtopic.php?t=2949&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=480

Thats the weirdest shaped turn ever, coat hanger look much?

I think UC is definitely onto something with the small trains. Im trying to think why they'd do that though? Surely it'd just create havoc with guest throughput. I look forward to seeing the announcement and seeing the trains. According to screamscape they'll reveal it at IAAPA.

Looking at the above picture, whats with the two tallest supports? What are those things sticking out? I'd say track connections but from further inspections the ones they have connecting so far are completely different.

Also, taking a gander at this previous link:
http://epfans.info/?id=2202&PHPSESSID=d9bd432db6013c2652e4f85e395e3960

It has a couple of zoomed in shots of the track that show some sort of cable running along with the track? What would that be for? Is that unusual or am I just being naive?

I'd imagine the cable is for workers to attach themselves to.

And seriously, WTF is that overbank doing? It's so bad No-Limits.

Ugliest turn ever...Nuff said.

Hopefully they'll get a lot more done quickly so we can look at the rest of the ride.

657_bluefire_290908002_1.jpg

http://www.ep-board.de/userpix/657_bluefire_290908002_1.jpg

So what about that is a "world first", other than it being from Mack?

EDIT: A few translated snippets:
  • "Europa Park builds a coaster with an initial 2.5 seconds from 0 to 100 with 4 inversions."
  • "Being built in Germany on Europe's new parking area [:lol:], this Iceland-themed LIM launched roller coaster would feature four Inversions (a loop, two Corkscrews and a Heart Line roll)."
World's biggest LIM launch?

The train length in the advert must be wrong... I can't imagine a huge train navigating it's way through hairpins in the air. But then Mack do anything, they are a manufacturer that do things different.

Yeah I see where you are coming from!

I think from the concept art too, it looks 'cartoony', well obviously being concept art and all that, but I think that the elements shown are actualy gonig to end up looking alot bigger and therefore the train won't actualy look that bad navigating them!