What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Alpenfury | Premier Rides Launch Coaster | 2025

What an intriguing ride; I was not expecting this at all!

The layout looks awesome, with some great-looking inversions and a few nice airtime moments in there! I think launching out of the mountain could be really cool; it almost looks like a modern-day resurrection of Volcano from Kings Dominion, in a sense (albeit not inverted, of course)!

I am curious, however, as to why they went with Premier Rides for this over someone like Mack, Intamin, Vekoma or even Gerstlauer. I honestly thought Premier had bowed out of building big, bespoke multi-launch coasters years ago in favour of primarily building Sky Rocket-type rides, so I’m very surprised to see them do something this substantial!

Premier was chosen for a couple different reasons. They’d been drafting up layouts for Cedar Fair Corporate for years (ie Racing coaster proposal at Cedar Point before COVID) and were brought in perhaps when it became clear that B&M wasn’t the best suited for a mountain coaster project, plus they were additionally juggling contracts with major players. Mack, Vekoma, and Intamin also have pretty big wait times for huge scale projects right now, and CW is a park that has been trying to get a lot done in the short term to cope with insane demand. Plus while the budget for this must be through the roof, they’re saving costs by staying North American.

Love the layout and how smoothly it goes into some of those rolls. Just has a really nice flow to the whole thing.

The layout with all the wacky inversions and the launch through the mountain look awesome. Still shame about Premier's seemingly unchanged cramped trains with shin guards, but at least the coaster itself looks great.

Premier was chosen for a couple different reasons. They’d been drafting up layouts for Cedar Fair Corporate for years (ie Racing coaster proposal at Cedar Point before COVID) and were brought in perhaps when it became clear that B&M wasn’t the best suited for a mountain coaster project.
Can you elaborate more on that CP racing coaster? Where in the park would it of gone?

It's something different for Wonderland, and therefore I'm happy! As much as I like a good B&M, you kinda always know what you're gonna get and so I didn't wanna see another one in there. It's a tad inversion heavy for my taste but the rolls look fun and not too intense like say, tight vertical loop or something, so it should be fine.

Have plans to go there next year so it'll be fun to ride this!

Can you elaborate more on that CP racing coaster? Where in the park would it have gone?
Probably Kiddy Kingdom and no it was never seriously shortlisted. They’ve likely had pitches for every other major CF project since then. But my point here is that Cedar Fair has had Premier in the wings for awhile and if certain accounts are to be believed then they’re the ones who brought them to CW.

Not my favorite trains in the game, but this looks fantastic. Really great to see something of this magnitude from Premier.

WTF did I just watch?

I seriously think we found Full Throttles second half. In all seriousness, that thing looks to shred through a few if the later rolls, but not to a point of Velocicoaster. Not top 25 worldwide at all, but fun way to round out Canada's top 3

My first though was "great, another company can now make Intamin knockoffs" I love multilaunches, but not every new ride needs to do that. Let Intamin and Mack handle those since they do them best, Intamin should leave compact cloned launches to Premier since they corner the market. That wasn't really about the ride, more so the industry as a whole.

Looks fun, a few less inversions with maybe an Ice Breaker style speed camelback would go a long way. Hell even a Copperhead style loop would be nice to mix up the constant roll variations.

That looks insanely fast, if it's really that well paced it will be rather solid. It's overly roll heavy though, could have done with a loop or something for variety!

Confuses me why they went with 9 instead of 10 inversions, because they could’ve marketed it as the most inversions in North America
1.) Steel Curtain advertises itself as having 9, but the banana roll yada yada, it only has eight.
2.) This point was overshadowed by the Beast 2.0 nonsense, but recent KI surveys suggested a 10-inversion infinity coaster is on the table for that park, so CF might be holding on to the 10-inversion marketability for KI.

I was sharing this observation earlier - the Premier Sky Rocket train/track design feels akin to the Arrow multi-looper of old. From humble Kennywood beginnings of a 50 MPH launch and a few corkscrews, it's been impressive to see how far Premier pushes the same platform, now to 72 MPH launch, 150 inverting top hat, and 9 (!!!) inversions.

It does beg the question - how far is Premier willing to go with the Sky Rocket platform? Could we ever see a 200 ft. Alpenfury-type of hyper build?

This ride is WAY longer than I thought it'd be (was expecting similar to maxx force or full throttle length), and it looks like it should be a fun ride. I do have 3 worries though
1) If they don't maintain this well and it either starts with or develops a rattle that's going to be rough
2) despite the animation, if the trains have comfort collars that will kill this ride (at least for me). I also know these trains are a pain to get in and out of because there is so little space to move.
3) and perhaps most important, this doesn't look like it's going to be a people eater, something CW still desperately needs even with the 3 B&M's. The park is slammed and this doen't look like it'll do much to improve rides mowing through people.