What's new

Cedar Point 2012 Coaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We now the speculation ends and we all know the answer:

A slide in Soak City and Dinosaur's Alive walkthrough will be the 2012 additions: no coaster. (which btw, is long overdue).

Tear down Mean Streak and put an Intamin airtime woodie there. Before anyone asks, yes I've ridden Mean Streak. It sucks and I'm sure most would concur. There's no secret seat either, it sucks in every seat.

I think it's safe to say that a roller coaster is almost a shoe in for Cedar Point in 2013. I'm interested to see how the park is going to rearrange a few rides to fit another roller coaster in. They always do an impressive job with relocating rides.

I can easily see Wildcat being tossed aside like the trash it is and a Zac Spin being put in the same spot. Unsure where the line would go, but they could build it up and put the line underneath it.

During a chat night on thrillnetwork with someone from the Point (cant remember their name), they made the mention that Cedar Point still had enough room for something of decent size to be put in easily enough.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Intricks said:
I can easily see Wildcat being tossed aside like the trash it is and a Zac Spin being put in the same spot. Unsure where the line would go, but they could build it up and put the line underneath it.
That sounds plausible but why would there be a lack of room for the queue. In terms of height the Zac Spin would be bigger than Wildcat, but Wildcat would go farther back. The Zac Spin's depth in terms of how far back it goes is basically the width of the track because the track is under it self. Take a loot at what I mean, that's Green Lantern at SFMM.

Attachments

• Green Lantern SFMM 01.jpg
    Green Lantern SFMM 01.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 22
I'd like to think that Cedar Point is done with intamin. I'd personally like a b&m wing rider or dive machine for 2013.

Re: Re: Cedar Point 2012 Coaster?

bizarrofan10 said:
Intricks said:
That sounds plausible but why would there be a lack of room for the queue. In terms of height the Zac Spin would be bigger than Wildcat, but Wildcat would go farther back. The Zac Spin's depth in terms of how far back it goes is basically the width of the track because the track is under it self. Take a loot at what I mean, that's Green Lantern at SFMM.

Because Wildcat doesnt really have a queue due to the sheer closeness to Iron Dragon, it being next to the one building and if memory serves me right, there is something in the middle of that walkway there (havent been to the Point in 3 years). Thats why I can see them building the station a good 25ft off the ground to stash the queue underneath it and have it wrap around it via stairs to the loading/unloading area itself.

^ I dont see a dive machine going into CP at all, whats the use of one when you have TTD, Mav, WT and Pow Tow? I can barely see a wing rider going in as well, but CP surprised me with Mav being put in. I honestly would prefer to see a quality GCI or GG coaster put in, one that works with a small footprint. (Something like Twister or Wooden Warrior). Hell, a Vekoma Stingray, or a Motocoaster would be a perfect fit for the park as well. Something small and inexpensive is needed to round-out the park for the youngers that arent ready to hit the big rides just yet, but need to work up to them.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Hmmmm... We either need to change the topic title, or lock this until a more apt time for a Cedar Point 2013 Coaster? topic to be made. Let's face it, there's one of these topics each year and they never get anywhere :p

troikaX3 said:
I'd like to think that Cedar Point is done with intamin. I'd personally like a b&m wing rider or dive machine for 2013.

A dive machine would make CP unbeatable in my opinion.

^ but where would it be located?

Something small and compact would work, like a Zac Spin, OR a B&M flyer over the midway.

I think in future years cedar point is going to have a very hard time in finding space for big roller coasters. Things will have to be moved, relocated etc. I reckon they might actually make more land ...EVENTUALLY that is, whether it be in 10 or 40 years.

With the announcement of dinosaurs alive, this rumor is definetly shot down.
Like Intricks said before a compact GG or GCI would be perfect. Its exactly what this park needs! Cedar Points wooden coaster collection is seriously lacking in terms of amount and quality. A new wooden coaster should be added and I would like to see Mean Streak undertake the Texas Giant makeover from Rocky Mountain. It would be a fantastic way to pump new life into Mean Streak

furie said:
Hmmmm... We either need to change the topic title, or lock this until a more apt time for a Cedar Point 2013 Coaster? topic to be made. Let's face it, there's one of these topics each year and they never get anywhere :p

rollermonkey said:
CP isn't getting a coaster for 2012... Why discuss?

Oh yeah. Fanboyz.

:lock:

There really is no discussion and nobody seems to be getting the hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.