What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

I mean they've pushed the start of the lift hill back by at least 20ft, if they make it any taller that will be one hell of a steep pitch.

Indeed Mean Streak did not have a steep lift hill by any measure.

However, it would appear they are bringing down the lift hill all together - this is exciting! Making a steeper lift hill, possibly with the all-steel Goliath-style lift hill (which is what, a 45 degree angle?), would be quite the sight and let them hit a taller height in the same footprint.

However, since we are dealing with all steel, hitting the 200 ft. mark is not nearly impressive.

CP gimmick machine means first hybrid hyper. So whoop whoop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hyde said:
However, since we are dealing with all steel, hitting the 200 ft. mark is not nearly impressive.

Perhaps not engineering-wise, but visually, it would be stunning. Goliath's hill is already somewhat iconic, and I think Cedar Point would market theirs even better. It would make Mean Streak a flagship ride for the park. Or, well, another flagship ride. They're beginning to get a few of them by now.

^ It definitely would be gorgeous, especially as a lift facing that angle means there is no other points of height reference around (Magnum would be a bit to the right, but not within immediate view), which means you would really feel the height as you climb.

I think they're going to re-use most of the original lift hill, they seem to have just taken the top part off to reprofile the angle. Its such a substantial base that they could easily add another 30ft to the top without wasting everything that's already there. And they're ready to put the ibox on right up to the bottom of the lift. I'd doubt they'd have done that if they were doing major work to the lift hill.

^ Hopefully there will plenty of amazing-looking track ready for you to cry over.

I'll ride it for you Lofty.

AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE COMING. Now we need some solid snuggles son.

That's exactly what puts me off visiting cedar point for me it would probably be a once in a lifetime trip and you just know the year after you visit there gonna install the best thing ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the best thing ever but it should be a good coaster. And it's not like you don't have 18 other coasters to ride. Maverick, Millennium, Dragster, Gatekeeper, Magnum.. all great rides. And you run that risk for every park you visit. It happens but that just gives you more reason to go back (HELIX I NEED YOU! :D)

Snoo said:
Not sure about the best thing ever but it should be a good coaster. And it's not like you don't have 18 other coasters to ride. Maverick, Millennium, Dragster, Gatekeeper, Magnum.. all great rides. And you run that risk for every park you visit. It happens but that just gives you more reason to go back (HELIX I NEED YOU! :D)

Yeah I wasn't necessarily talking about this being the best thing ever, Helix is incredible and luckily only a two day trip for me! Cedar point though is a little further away :(

Of course! Helix is long journey for myself as well so I feel your pain. But I do live a mere 2 hours from Cedar Point, so I guess location does have its benefits. :)

Snoo said:

Hahaha, I know! It'll be part of a trip that Ben is organising, some time next year I think it'll be like May/June time? I'll let you know, though :)

Lofty said:
Snoo said:

Hahaha, I know! It'll be part of a trip that Ben is organising, some time next year I think it'll be like May/June time? I'll let you know, though :)

Anything Ben plans is bound to be crap... I just can't wait to see RMC Mean Streak though!

Lofty said:
Snoo said:

If he's organizing it, of course I wouldn't know about it. We do run in different circles of course. :)

I'll hopefully be able to stop by when you're nearby as I'd love to meet you.

Sorry, what?

Last time I did a US trip we literally put up all the dates and invited anyone along to any of the dates?

Sorry I haven't invited everyone along to the trip that is a basic idea with nothing planned or dates even set.

And FlyerMan, you're right, it's bound to be crap. That's why my count is over 1000 and you can't even count that high.

Ben said:
Sorry, what?

Last time I did a US trip we literally put up all the dates and invited anyone along to any of the dates?

Sorry I haven't invited everyone along to the trip that is a basic idea with nothing planned or dates even set.

And FlyerMan, you're right, it's bound to be crap. That's why my count is over 1000 and you can't even count that high.
Epic response

Ben said:
Sorry, what?

Man you jump on the negative train quickly don't you. Let's slow down the crazy for a minute.

You did kinda just prove what I was getting however. Anything in the even remote 'planning' process for the next few years I wouldn't be aware of because.. well.. you don't like me. So of course I wouldn't know, just like you have no idea where I'm heading next year. You know and associate with Lofty who may be aware of something, which is what he was hinting at.

I'm quite aware you post your trips in the forums, something I had planned on (even said as much in your topic) attending had I had free time last go around.