What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Cedar Point has shifted their webcam to include a view of Mean Streak. No major progress can be seen thus far:

camera3.jpg

Live Webcam: http://pixelcaster.com/live/cedarpoint/index3.html

The progress video that had been posted earlier has also since been removed. But fear not! The video shares roughly the same progress as I was able to catch Cedar Point's closing weekend: http://coasterforce.com/cedar-point-continues-mean-streak-rmc-conversion/

Cedar Point is going to be VERY slow with any news on this. Maverick went at a very similar pace.

Damn, what a shame. Really was hoping for a 2017 opening just so I could have an excuse to make the 15 hour drive to Cedar Point for the second year in a row. Since it'll take until 2018, this better be one of the best RMCs yet! Can't wait to see what this babe will look like.

I'll be interested to see what the construction schedule pans out as. No other Iron Horse treatment has taken 1+ years to complete.

I like those close ups of the RMC rails, but I only just notice the cute little raptor track in the background!

If this isn't opening for the 2017 season, That makes way more excited than I already was to see what this thing is going to look like. I hope the wait is worth it!

What about Texas Giant?
*Double Checks Year Texas Giant Closed Instead of Month* Well I feel silly.

That puts this entire build timeline into better context, and helps shed light on the 1+ year for conversion.

Jerry was also able to confirm with RMC that no 2017 projects are on their books.

*Double Checks Year Texas Giant Closed Instead of Month* Well I feel silly.

That puts this entire build timeline into better context, and helps shed light on the 1+ year for conversion.

Jerry was also able to confirm with RMC that no 2017 projects are on their books.
Should I still plan on making the trip to CP for the first time next year regardless or wait one more year for this bad boy to open?

^ The Mean Streak conversion is not opening in 2017. But a visit to Cedar Point never hurt anyone! :)

I don't understand this. Because it could so easily be done for next year. But it's not going to be?

When are they just gonna, stop and look at it for a while? Because I get that NTG took a year but that was the first, this just, I don't see why they couldn't be done by May?

Unless they randomly throw it open next year and **** with us all (Jerry can be in on it haha)

Should I still plan on making the trip to CP for the first time next year regardless or wait one more year for this bad boy to open?
If you can make it in 2018 even if you go in 2017, then yeah, sure, go in 2017. An extra trip to Cedar Point never hurts. But if it's one or the other, definitely wait for 2018. It's an RMC, it will sure be worth the extra year wait even if we don't know what it will look like just yet. Just the two cents though.

It better be ****ing good if it's taking this long.

Spoiler alert....... It won't be. Because CP.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

It better be :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing good if it's taking this long.

Spoiler alert....... It won't be. Because CP.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

This guy right here. BUT! Maverick took this long and it is pretty damn good. It's not the world beater it was in 2007 but it's still a fun ride, best at Cedar Point IMO.

At least we'll be able to monitor progress pretty closely.

The entire lift hill track appears to have been removed now:

15208058_10208116582778848_1625101232_n.png

I don't understand this. Because it could so easily be done for next year. But it's not going to be?

When are they just gonna, stop and look at it for a while? Because I get that NTG took a year but that was the first, this just, I don't see why they couldn't be done by May?

Unless they randomly throw it open next year and :emoji_zipper_mouth: with us all (Jerry can be in on it haha)
I think this has to do with Goliath @ SFGAm. I think RMC doesn't want to build in the dead of winter in the great lakes region after Goliath after understanding the process of that rides construction progress.