What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

That sunset + My favorite place to photograph this coaster + Icy lake = <3

Do we know what kind of work is being done now? I thought if RMC's crews left that they'd have all the hardware installed as well but I don't remember hearing anything about brakes or lift chains or anything. Or does Velocity have people that does that for them?

Probably electrical. Also did the park ever disclose who was actually constructing the ride? The past three (at least) rides were constructed by Adena - maybe they're completing the tasks such as lift chain and brakes installation?

Indeed - work right now for the cold season is for electrical wiring, system wiring, and brakes installation. Irvine Ondrey is doing the systems work, and hasn't been on-site yet to the best of my knowledge, so I imagine the work is laying any new conduit that would be needed for electrical, and wiring while they wait for systems and brakes to be installed.

On top of what others have said, also don't forget that after the electrics are all installed a lot of testing and commissioning of the sensors and controls has to be done well in advance of a train being sent round the track.

You don't install the sensors that control the speed of the ride (MCBR, final brake runs, etc) and then just send a train round. You do checks on their feedback and the system responses and interlocks, then you think about sending a train round.

Often why this phase seems to take the longest, and why often (not always) testing and opening can happen in reasonably quick succession.

The Cedar Point cred anxiety is the :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing worst - especially when every time you try to ride Raptor the :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing thing breaks, it's the only cred you then need and the park shuts in half an hour. :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing place.
It's the Intamins that will worry him, MF and Mav went down a few times the last time I was there, and TTD opened late.
He'll probably be the only one who needs all the creds and Lord Morton and I will be swanning in an hour before him as well ;):D