What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Universal does that with some of their coasters...wasn't a big deal for me as I had fast passes so I could leave my stuff in a locker and cycle some rides. :D
See you forgot to add the word FREE when mentioning Universal lockers..... Free lockers make the difference to me. When Six Flags started mandatory lockers around 07/08 I stopped going on Superman and Mind Eraser at SFNE because I wasn't gonna pay $1 every time I wanted to go on a ride.... Great Adventure was doing it with Nitro and Toro for a while too. They since relaxed the rules (outside of Toro) but it's pretty crappy that you force gusts to use something that isn't provided. I never carry cash on me at parks either... So it was even more inconvenient!

The worst offender for lockers is Cedar Fair. They're so expensive at parks like Cedar Point where there's loads of creds and you need one for each, or have one at a specific location and walk to/from it all the time.

FWIW, it does appear that CP recently added a moveable all-day locker rental for $10 for Ride Locker Locations. While I prefer to not have to rent a locker to bring a bag into the park, $10 for the day isn't terrible.

The phone thing is for safety reasons. I heard that a phone flew out of someone’s pocket on TT and struck this woman’s head. There was blood running down the side of her head when they reached the brake run. I wish the GP weren’t so stupid when it came to phones. On opening day for SV, I saw 4 phones go flying in a span of 15-20 minutes. I hate the new policy as much as the next guy, but safety does come first. However, they could at least make the lockers free if they’re gonna force guests to not bring their phone on the ride and in line with them. Here is the link to the incident: http://m.nbc12.com/story/38419337/woman-injured-by-flying-cell-phone-on-roller-coaster

The phone thing is for safety reasons. I heard that a phone flew out of someone’s pocket on TT and struck this woman’s head. There was blood running down the side of her head when they reached the brake run. I wish the GP weren’t so stupid when it came to phones. On opening day for SV, I saw 4 phones go flying in a span of 15-20 minutes. I hate the new policy as much as the next guy, but safety does come first. However, they could at least make the lockers free if they’re gonna force guests to not bring their phone on the ride and in line with them. Here is the link to the incident: http://m.nbc12.com/story/38419337/woman-injured-by-flying-cell-phone-on-roller-coaster

Unfortunately, this is completely the case. There are plenty of solutions out there that could really alleviate this headache but parks tend to go the lucrative money-making route. Although, from their perspective, it does make sense: at a dollar-a-pop, lockers likely make a big park like Cedar Point a few million in extra cash with very little upkeep costs.

Phones on rides are becoming an increasingly common problem, and not just on these airtime machines. It seems like every hotshot is trying to film a bit for their Snapchat story or get that special selfie. The past few times I rode The Beast at night, kids had their flashlights on, which detracted from the experience. There really should be something done to encourage leaving your phone in a secure pocket or in a locker or storage bin or something...but it's up to the parks to brainstorm, implement, and enforce a more desirable policy.

Unfortunately, this is completely the case. There are plenty of solutions out there that could really alleviate this headache but parks tend to go the lucrative money-making route. Although, from their perspective, it does make sense: at a dollar-a-pop, lockers likely make a big park like Cedar Point a few million in extra cash with very little upkeep costs.

Phones on rides are becoming an increasingly common problem, and not just on these airtime machines. It seems like every hotshot is trying to film a bit for their Snapchat story or get that special selfie. The past few times I rode The Beast at night, kids had their flashlights on, which detracted from the experience. There really should be something done to encourage leaving your phone in a secure pocket or in a locker or storage bin or something...but it's up to the parks to brainstorm, implement, and enforce a more desirable policy.
Someone took their phone out on Maverick when it went up the lift hill and they stopped it and rolled it back down. When the train came back the ride op said “How was your selfie? Oh wait!”.

People were getting nailed by phones on Steve as well. The park just had to draw a final line on it as too many incidents were occurring. I’ve seen the aftermath of someone getting hit and it is not pretty.

Additionally, Cedar Point did get $10 transferable lockers this season!

Why would I pay $10 for lockers when the only thing I'll need to put in them will be my phone? I usually just put everything I need in my pockets (which are secured with buttons and zippers) so paying the money to just put my phone in a locker is horrible.

59313_CML.jpg-495x495

https://www.duluthtrading.com/store...IRCQhLFH5kkFlIkfmgZBPdPxpiBinz6BoCO6QQAvD_BwE

37649851_10157554300903154_8485987136372211712_n.png

They aren't messing around. Of course.. pockets are things and they legally can't search your pockets without a warrant BUT they can remove you from the line and or park if you dont accept. Toeing a line there CP.

I so look forward to explaining to a ride operator they need be a law enforcement official with a legal warrant and probable cause to search my pockets for a cell phone.

Kicking someone out of line or not letting them in to line at Steel Vengeance over concern the guest has a cellphone is allowable - but no ride staffer will ever have a legal authority to actually look into your pockets.

I ain't no lawyer, but I'm guessing that Cedar Fair would have to define what 'loose article' actually means, should there come a time when they try to enforce something like that. For example, if it's in a secure, zipped pocket, is it 'loose'?

I ain't no lawyer, but I'm guessing that Cedar Fair would have to define what 'loose article' actually means, should there come a time when they try to enforce something like that. For example, if it's in a secure, zipped pocket, is it 'loose'?
Exactly, it's not loose, it's secure. The fact they want to prevent the stupidity of the general population from causing injury is understandable but the way they have gone about it is just complete BS.

I’m pretty sure as soon as you buy a ticket/enter the park you’re agreeing to their rules and regulations?

Fair enough if you don’t want to be searched, you just won’t get to ride ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m pretty sure as soon as you buy a ticket/enter the park you’re agreeing to their rules and regulations?
You are, but those rules and regulations can't over-ride the local laws.

It's one thing to say "once you're in the queue you aren't allowed to have your mobile phone in your pocket", it's another to say "you must consent to a physical pat-down search by a ride-op". Of course, without the latter it renders the former somewhat useless, but I think legally there will be a line in the sand there. Then again, I'm no lawyer.

It's the cheek of asking you to pay [so much] for the lockers that annoys me. Make them free, or make them nominally cheap (I recall BGW being something like $1 for 2 hours). I did read something somewhere (Reddit?) where someone was saying that they might introduce one of those movable locker schemes for a flat fee...

It's annoying for someone like me who likes to carry a backpack.

It's the cheek of asking you to pay [so much] for the lockers that annoys me. Make them free, or make them nominally cheap (I recall BGW being something like $1 for 2 hours). I did read something somewhere (Reddit?) where someone was saying that they might introduce one of those movable locker schemes for a flat fee...

Apparently Cedar Point have introduced $10 moveable lockers this season which is better than having to pay each time you are forced to use one. Interested to see how this new policy does (or doesn't) work next week; I am not a fan of being forced to pay for lockers.

Apparently Cedar Point have introduced $10 moveable lockers this season which is better than having to pay each time you are forced to use one. Interested to see how this new policy does (or doesn't) work next week; I am not a fan of being forced to pay for lockers.
I'd be interested to hear how you get on - I'll be there in a month, so would be good to have an idea of the best plan.