What's new

Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

I like the notion that they had to build a crane with another crane.

The lift is now going up!

camera1.jpg

Sweet! cool)

I'm looking forward to the lift going up, as it will really help show how massive an addition this ride will be in this neck of the park - especially as the sight-line will be without any other roller coaster in the backdrop, ala Gatekeeper's first drop view from inside the park.

It's a bit foggy right now. :razz:

Current view of Valravn:

camera1.jpg

Current view of Gatekeeper from the Main Midway:

camera2.jpg

Lift hill now appears to be the height of Raptor's Cobra Roll. This perpetual fog that has been rolling through Ohio over this week however is still cramping our viewing style!

camera2.jpg

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/673877193081151488[/tweet]

Also, if anyone's interested, Carowinds and Canada's Wonderland are having a friendly battle w/ Cedar Point on Twitter for how foggy their park is. And I think it's pretty clear who is winning. :p

That was wonderful. Bravo indeed! :lol:

Taking a look at the ride rendering, we are just nearly to the top. The size of the coaster is certainly coming into focus now!

cp_img4_gallery.jpg

My thoughts:

Likes: I really like the second half, it fits in 2 inversions and an airtime hill, nice. I think the colour scheme is quite nice too.

Dislikes: First half is another copy of Griffon and Sheikra's formula of drop, Immelman, turn. Also apart from the fancy little logo for the ride, its incredibly generic, its just on a patch of grass with zero theming- I bet even the station will be cookie cutter, generic and have nothing to do with the theme however this is really minor, I'd rather have a great generic coaster like Skyrush as a random example than a **** one with nice theming. After all with the exception of Disney and a few examples that are few and far between (Cannibal and Laff Track are some examples), coasters with bright vibrant colours and no theming beyond the name and logo is the American way.

Was able to get a snapshot of the Cedar Point skyline today - Valravn is certainly imposing!

[tweet]http://twitter.com/CoasterForce/status/676179966460076032[/tweet]

I love how the crane looks like its own ride. I can't wait to see a picture of that when finished; Valravn will fill the gap between the front and back of CP.

I think this is the first large Dive Machine to be built in a park where it will not be the tallest coaster... as much as I love DM'S, it seems to be an odd choice/time for them to get one, when they already have 3 coasters with vertical drops (one being substantially taller).

Besides tthat, it looks nice, but why do they still insist of having the MCBR after one element? Surely no park will dispatch trains quick enough to warrant that...