What's new

Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

Re: Cedar Point Closes Good Time Theatre - Coaster or Dark R

Ah, the Breakers Express grass lot. It feels like just yesterday Maverick's track was being stored there. :razz: http://pointbuzz.com/News/Story/906

I do not think the VR mention by Ouimet in his interview is related to Valravn's announcement, and that it will happen with a milder Cedar Fair attraction.

There is now a "Cedar Point VR" app available from the App Store for iPhone. I've downloaded it, all it does is show a foggy ocean scene with wind sounds and a countdown showing a countdown for midnight on Wednesday-Thursday. I tried holding it up to my face to see if I could get it to work without a case but it didn't and just gave me a headache, so I need a VR case it seems.

8.5 hours!!!

So this essentially confirms the VR for Valravn.

They better make it a good VR if they're trying to get so many people in the back rows.

I dont think Valravn will have VR on it, but I do think there will be a VR experience of the ride in the park for Friday.

It is $18 to get in, but they only have 17 coasters (and a pipe scream) to cover most of that cost ($1 per coaster), so where would that last dollar come from? SFNE had a VR ride experience set up for Wicked Cyclone during one of the coaster club event/tours there, so Im thinking Cedar Point will be doing something similar for their Coaster Appreciation Day with Valravn.

Intricks said:
It is $18 to get in, but they only have 17 coasters (and a pipe scream) to cover most of that cost ($1 per coaster), so where would that last dollar come from?.

Christ almighty that is cheap, if you were to show up at Alton Towers to pay at the gate that would be £50.40 or $77.39

It is just for Friday, with only the coasters being available to ride.

Edit so as to not double post: Not sure if it was mentioned but they have ran into an issue with height with the FAA (part of me thinks this was already mentioned, but Im being lazy and not wanting to check) and the proximity of it to the closed airport nearby.

Intricks said:
It is just for Friday, with only the coasters being available to ride.

Still, thats an absolute bargain and fantastic value because us lot on here and a fair amount of the general public only want to ride the coasters at Cedar Point and don't give the slightest **** about the flats, family or water rides.

^^I don't see how they'd have an issue with MF and TTD right next door.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

The app is now working! :D

12009809_1131566986872327_6040858181941536436_n.jpg

^^ Because those two are more than 3 nautical miles away from the airport, whereas Valravn isnt.

Edit: NEW TRAIN RESTRAINTS!

They just confirmed what we already know! ...Yay...?

It's 8-across trains btw.

And the app shows it having wing coaster restraints. I really like that, being held face-first in those unlocked vests should be **** terrifying! =D>

That's 4 B&M coaster types now with vest restraints: Flying, Wing, Invert, and Dive.

Now if only they can get these with lapbars only...

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

The scale of Valravn is so large, it shatters 10 world records in the amusement park industry:

Tallest Dive Coaster (223 feet)
Fastest Dive Coaster (75 mph)
Longest Dive Coaster (3,415 feet)
Most Inversions on a Dive Coaster (3)
Longest Drop on a Dive Coaster (214 feet)
Highest Inversion on a Dive Coaster (165 feet)
Most Roller Coasters Taller Than 200 Feet at One Amusement Park (5)
Most Rides at One Amusement Park (72)
Most Steel Roller Coaster Track at One Amusement Park (9.9 miles)
Most Roller Coaster Track at One Amusement Park (11.4 miles)

Those records yo.

It has been months in the making, from leaked memos to accidental Google app releases. But everything final came to a head this morning, when Cedar Point announced the addition of Valravn, a B&M vertical drop roller coaster, for 2016. Set to be the world's tallest, fastest, and longest dive machine, Valravn will stand 220 ft. tall with a 214 ft. vertical drop, reaching speeds of 75 mph. Carrying a Danish-theme, Valravn will flip riders 3 times, sporting a total track length of 3,415 ft. Valravn will break 10 world records, including tallest, fastest, and most inversions of its type.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAjku9rTITs[/youtube]​

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEWkK0WJZjc[/youtube]​

Valravn will sit alongside the western Marina gate, replacing the former Good Thyme Theater and Turnpike Cars. Just as Gatekeeper does with the main entrance, Valravn will swoop overhead visitors entering through the Marina gate, including a 165 ft. immelman, dive loop, and 270-degree roll. Track has already begun shipment, and is currently being stored alongside the Hotel Breakers just outside the park entrance.

Valravn brings Cedar Point's roller count back up to 17 (Cedar Point previously had 17 roller coasters before the removal of Wildcat in 2011 and Disaster Transport in 2012), making it the second largest collection of roller coasters in the world.

Cedar Point has also released a 360-degree panoramic view POV of the Valravn ride rendering, which helps fall in line with Cedar Fair CEO's mention of using virtual reality with rides. To view properly, open the video below in Google Chrome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zba6KtuM4tE[/youtube]​

vr1.jpg

vr2.jpg

vr3.jpg

vr4.jpg

vr5.jpg

vr6.jpg

vr7.jpg

vr8.jpg

Re: Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

I absolutely love the layout. A pretty decent addition to the park but its not the "PERFECT" choice.

We also seem to have our answer on the virtual reality utilization. As I posted in the above announcement, Cedar Point has released a 360 POV video, which you can view on Google Chrome or the Youtube app on your smartphone.

As for the tallest, fastest dive machine in the world? Absolutely I'll take it. Yes Dive Machines are not top of the steel class (Sheikra and Griffon are ranked 37 and 50 respectively in Mitch Hawker), but this is still a complimenting addition to a park that already has 16 other roller coasters.

Another major attribute to Valravn, as with Gatekeeper, is the beautification that comes with in, in revamping the Marina Gate entrance. This will actually create an easier pathway for access to the Blue Streak/Valravn neck of the park. And I absolutely love having the opening drop, inversion, and banked turn overtop/right next to the pathway. Will make for some great vantage points. :)

The layout looks really fun, will be an excellent addition.

But, I HATE THE NEW RESTRAINTS.

I really don't understand how people can prefer them? The actual lap bit is great yes, but the vest covers your entire upper body and pins against you. It's really restrictive. I get they're necessary on Flyers but on the other coasters it's just really restrictive. The older restraints were so much better, they're one of the things that ruins Banshee.