What's new

CF Speed Build Competition | Round 1 | VOTE for your winning layouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, sorry it's taken me a while. Am I the last?

Anyway, here's my feedback for all the coasters (in the order of Nicky's first post in this thread):

@Matt N - Layout reminded me a lot of the newer-gen B&Ms, with a nice mix of airtime and corners. Only criticism here is a lot of the corners were right turns - it's nice to try and keep that mixed up, in my opinion.

@Nicky Borrill - This was a real beast of a coaster - very impressive. It did feel quite long for one block, but I guess you might be able to argue that a way with a long lift hill. ;)

@FistedColossus - This captured Intamin's style well, and I especailly liked the mid-course non-inverting loop. Some of the transitions were a little aggressive, but I'll let that fly with PlanCo.

@Skyye - I loved the epic first drop one this, and this felt very realistic.

@Thecoasterrus - I thought the turnaround for the out-and-back leg of this coaster was nice, it made a proper feature of it.

@Hixee - N/A

@Leon_K - Might have been the slowest lift hill in the world, but the transitions were all pretty decent and it felt like a slightly drawn out version of an old-school B&M. Would have been good to use some more of the available height in the first half, I think.

@Rollercoaster David - Almost the lovechild of I305 and Velocicoaster, I liked the variety of elements too.

@Niles - This was one of the most intense layouts - really quite something overall!

@HeartlineCoaster - Good work on capturing the Mack feel, I think a nice layout overall.

@Kw6sTheater - I loved this. I thought the mix of elements (big, small, high, low) was great as well as the build quality, pacing and creativity.

@Archie - Worked fairly well, but it was very long!

@VikingParrot - I'm sorry to say that I think this might have been a little too rushed. I actually quite liked the concpet, but the shaping did leave a little bit to be desired.

So, that's all the feedback. How about the final rankings then.
  1. @Kw6sTheater
  2. @Skyye
  3. @FistedColossus
  4. @HeartlineCoaster
  5. @Nicky Borrill

Then additionally:
Most realistic - @Matt N
Most original - @Niles

Good work everyone - that was fantastic!
There is still @Rollercoaster David to vote… As well as any other members, but we can’t seem to persuade anyone who hasn’t taken part in here to vote!!!

VOTING IS CLOSED...

I will announce the results very soon.

(P.s, sorry it's late, I feel asleep after a very busy Sunday shift)

P.s Thread can be locked...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.