What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

Construction on the station has started. Some very nice buildings are being taken out, including Red Beard's Revenge's building and Back Porch Stage.

Latest Blog Entry:
Workers begin clearing queue line and station area
November 3, 2008

Workmen began clearing the area where the queue line and station for Diamondback will be early this morning. The stage located to the left of the Rivertown Mining Company -- the location for the announcement for the August 6 announcement of Diamondback -- was torn down this afternoon.

The Rivertown Mining Company building, where Red Beard's Ravenge was located during Halloween Haunt, has been cleared out and is expected to be torn down on Tuesday.

Work also continues in the area outside the entrance to the Beast. The new entrance to the Beast will be in virtually the same spot guests entered the ride when it first opened in 1979.

- Don Helbig

I was wondering where the queue for Diamondback would start.

Too bad they aren't keep the building so that we may see it incorporated into the queue similar to what we find with Maverick and the old White Water Landing station.

Admittedly, the White Water Landing structure is ideal for a queue since it is very open and able to let a breeze pass through, while Red Beard's Revenge is housed in a definite enclosed building.

Here's to hoping to not seeing the same generic Cedar Fair queue.

^ Hence the reason for this post. :wink:

SFMMMan17 said:
Lift Hill has been officially topped off!

db10300837.JPG

db10300802.JPG

db10300833.JPG

Lookin' good! :p

Looking very goodm indeed!

The drop looks like its gunan be really steep from the angle of shot number 1 lol!

^If it's like Behemoth, than it's around 75 degrees, which is pretty steep, and so very fun.

*Imagines a path under Behemoth's first drop in Jerry's POV*

Drop is very close to completion, just need to finish the pullout:

kidiamondback4jx6.png

(Sorry about the night shot, I just looked at the webcam a couple minutes ago.)

Ollie said:
Looks nice. Not too sure on the support colours though.
Don't worry, after the first hill the support color goes to beige. :razz:

God does that drop look sexy from that angle. I wish they woulda kept the color scheme throughout.. as it has grown on me tbh.

^ Told ya it looked nice. :wink:

KI has changed the webcams path to include construction of the final helix.

Picture3-3.png

There was a great patch of pine trees here which I hate to see chopped down, as well as Beast's sign and an ACE Classic Coaster placard.