What's new

Disney/Autism Meltdown

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
There is quite a "battle" brewing at WDW. As many are aware the guest assistance policy was changed at Disney due to abuse of the system. It seems an AP holder with an autistic child (6'2 230lbs) went on D-day (the term Disney GR Cast have deemed it), to test out the new system. Needless to say the confrontational attitude combined with the first day of the new system lead to some serious conflict.

She uploaded videos throughout the day, including several of herself crying hysterically in the parks. Several people, including Managers that dealt with the situation day of, have responded to her on Facebook. Some not nice, others trying to explain their side of the story. The guest went on to post the information of several Cast Members and asked her followers to SPAM them with hate mail.

The whole event was captured on Facebook. Her group name is Autism Hippie (ironically peace and love is ignored in this situation), and is open fo view for anyone with internet access. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Autism-H ... 5666121021

I am an ex Cast Member, and I know several who post here are current Cast Members, and thought this would be interesting to share.

Yes it's not nice but when a load of people turn up just to make the system fail and cause problems these things happen.

The fact that people used their kids for this is just wrong.

People need to give it time and work with the park to make it work.

Sorry but Disney do not actually need to provide anything at all, they did and it got abused.

On other Disney sites people are saying it worked out ok but not as good as it used to be. In other words 6 people could not re ride again and again.

Yeah, it's hard to feel sorry for someone who responds to one bad day at a park with personal attacks directed at park employees.

If you don't like the service you receive at a specific place of business, stop spending your money there!

While I agree that Disney employees shouldn't be reacting the way they are (personal messages of hate etc) I feel like she's really in the wrong too. There's one video where to try and make a 'point' she puts her son in a position which he doesn't look comfortable in. Like, if you're so hot and bothered about how he reacts to stuff because of his condition, why would you then force him in front of a camera to re-iterate what he wants to do and go on to tell him that he can't do it? There's also another video where he sort of interrupts and she literally pushes him out of shot. I don't know a lot about the condition etc but she just comes across as a bit mental with a problem against the world just because her son has a condition which makes her life hell. Almost like she wants to make a scene etc.

Yeah, I saw this going around the Facebook ranks today and shared it as well.

The lady's a psycho, and is treating the whole situation extremely disrespectfully.

This is obviously a person who is used to getting her own way and will threaten people and use her son as an excuse if she doesn't. Now that she isn't getting things her own way, she is throwing a massive hissy fit about it.

It's ridiculous, but then again, it is America.

I mean? Seriously? The very last post before she goes ape **** is her saying 'if everything works out and we get the same pass we've always receive, I'm increasing Mike's fee. It will now cost $1000/day to 'Rent My Autistic Kid for Your Disney Vacation'. It's so blatantly only so she can keep earning free money off of her son, she could at least delete the post first.

What an utterly **** crazy person. Comes across as entirely desperate to highlight how her son isn't 'normal' and has to have provisions made specifically for him regardless of any other factors or circumstances.

Typical case of social-media-mom.

Casio said:
I mean? Seriously? The very last post before she goes ape **** is her saying 'if everything works out and we get the same pass we've always receive, I'm increasing Mike's fee. It will now cost $1000/day to 'Rent My Autistic Kid for Your Disney Vacation'. It's so blatantly only so she can keep earning free money off of her son, she could at least delete the post first.

The concept of effectively 'renting' out your disabled child to a family you'll give you money for it really does sum up the **** world we live it...

If she was serious about trying to find a solution, she would be interacting with Disney directly instead of creating a Facebook page full of hate speech and targeting of individuals.

This is not appropriate, and cause more harm than help.

Yeah, Ive read through all her posts and she just screams "mental". Ive also noticed how any posts explaining things [strike]civially[/strike] civilly (god knows Ive spelt that wrong) are deleted (with vigorous claims of them attacking her and being a Disney Affiliate). She has even gone so far as to attack a separate blogger who had a decent experience with the new system all because she is apparently a Disney Travel Agent and the Cast Members wouldnt allow her to video tape them.

[Fixed ;) - Hyde244]

I loved the posts "Erol... blah blah blah... It's okay, he's gone now" :lol:

It's the "you don't agree, we'll just get rid of you because you may actually not just be reacting negatively, but actually have a point..." thing that is so wonderful.

If it's true that she is one of the "hire my disabled kids" people, then it's disgusting. The system was changed because people were abusing Disney. They were making the experience worse for others and exploiting their family. Did I say exploiting? I meant to use the word slave or prostitute...

If people hadn't taken the piss, Disney wouldn't have changed the system. If she has a beef, it should be with those few who prostituted out their disabled kids to earn a buck at Disney's customer's expense.

I really think she is if some of her replies are anything to go by.

It really is sad that it has gotten to the point that she is wishing people to have autistic kids just so they can "experience whar she has", which can be taken a multitude of ways alone.

I dont like her, and i want to make a comment, but Im afraid I will somehow be mistaken for a bigoted Disney Cast Member, when im nothing more than a sarcastic dick.

Intricks said:
I dont like her, and i want to make a comment, but Im afraid I will somehow be mistaken for a bigoted Disney Cast Member, when im nothing more than a sarcastic dick.
I understand exactly how you feel. As much fun as it is to stir the pot, I think it is probably better to not feed the trolls. Just my thoughts.

I have responded by reporting posts insinuating that disabled human beings are of some lower standard.

Looool she's now giving out and saying her son has had enough.

[q]Autism Hippie
3 hours ago
OK Patrick's 15-minutes of fame are OVER! NOW GO AWAY!!!![/q]

I actually feel sorry for her son.

She's a **** ing disgrace. Absolutely disgusting, vile woman. The "kid" doesn't stand a chance with a mother who insists on emphasing and revelling in his disability.

What a despicable c**t.