What's new

Dollywood | Lightning Rod | Launched RMC

From your friendly neighborhood Lightning Rod ride op, we have been back in technical rehearsal since Thursday! Not sure how long we plan to be in tech rehearsals before going back to officially open, but the ride has been up and running with guests again!

Maverix said:
From your friendly neighborhood Lightning Rod ride op, we have been back in technical rehearsal since Thursday! Not sure how long we plan to be in tech rehearsals before going back to officially open, but the ride has been up and running with guests again!

Sure wish a friendly ride op would spill the beans on the reason for the long closure.

Or the source of the regular breakdowns.
Like Saturday night ~ 9:15 when it went down, then at 9:30 needed a test run, soon followed by closed for the night.

Or why rows 8 and 9 are closed, so only running 20 on the train instead of the full 24.

I'd be very careful what you put online, specifically with regards to answering those questions on breakdowns etc

So, this is back doing technical rehearsals? I wonder how much Dollywood are claiming back for this?

Smithy said:
I'd be very careful what you put online, specifically with regards to answering those questions on breakdowns etc

I know what I am allowed/ not allowed to put online. Figured answering a question about if the ride is open or not is appropriate!

As far as why we have or haven't been running, I have to keep my mouth shut. Hence why I don't post very often anymore. At this point, I am thrilled to be able to have guests back on the ride after such a long period of down time!

Maverix said:
As far as why we have or haven't been running, I have to keep my mouth shut.

I'm aware. Just musing out loud.
Didn't mean you for one.

Was thinking like someone leaving for school and not planning to return, posting anonymously...

Surprisingly few leaks, which I guess says something about the company.

I had resigned myself to LR being closed for my visit, but when I was there Sunday/Monday last week it was operating and I got about 10 rides in.

Wow, it's amazing!

Id say it has the intensity of skyrush, with obscene amounts of air (Especially on the quad down.

I rode Outlaw Run a few days later and that felt tamer in comparison

At night it beats out the Beast by a Long way....the back end of the ride after the first drop is in complete darkness, with no floodlights like the beast, so really adds to the experience.

Iyis a tas rougher than other RMCs, but nothing unbearable.

Gazza said:
I had resigned myself to LR being closed for my visit, but when I was there Sunday/Monday last week it was operating and I got about 10 rides in.

Wow, it's amazing!

Id say it has the intensity of skyrush, with obscene amounts of air (Especially on the quad down.

At night it beats out the Beast by a Long way....the back end of the ride after the first drop is in complete darkness, with no floodlights like the beast, so really adds to the experience.

Yeah but is it better than Voyage at night?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ChiRunner said:
Gazza said:

Wow, it's amazing!

Yeah but is it better than Voyage at night?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'd say they're about equal, though LR might have a slight Edge. I'll let you know again when i re-ride voyage at night later this year.