What's new

Dreamland Margate News

^ It has nothing to do with people 'complaining', that doesn't matter to the park. What does on the other hand is the HSE & Lottery funding. Think about it, the Heritage funding the park has been given basically states that they need to bring it to it's former self as closely as possible, but with new HSE legislation that wasn't about when the coaster was originally built, it's impossible to have it like it was 'originally. So it's going back and forward.

I was watching that being filmed on the evening :lol:

I really can't quite say how much the park looks fantastic. Really quirky.

Lofty said:
^ It has nothing to do with people 'complaining', that doesn't matter to the park. What does on the other hand is the HSE & Lottery funding. Think about it, the Heritage funding the park has been given basically states that they need to bring it to it's former self as closely as possible, but with new HSE legislation that wasn't about when the coaster was originally built, it's impossible to have it like it was 'originally. So it's going back and forward.

Apparently, all the changes required were hammered out at a meeting with HSE and English Heritage reps, where all the ride plans were made available. The train manufacturers had the full spec that was approved by both HSE and EH, and started from that point.

SilverArrow said:
Robbie said:
The new Marina & The Diamonds video has been filmed at Dreamland. Looks lovely!

https://youtu.be/gDr7aTfBffU

<3 looks nice! Love the scrambler onride shots!

They now have a vintage Grasscutter Twist that has been newly-restored that replaces the modern Sizzler from the video. There is also a Speedway ride that was restored by the same team who restored the Jets, Dodgems and double-deck Roundabout. Can't wait to get back there next week!!

CoastinBear said:
SilverArrow said:
Robbie said:
The new Marina & The Diamonds video has been filmed at Dreamland. Looks lovely!

https://youtu.be/gDr7aTfBffU

<3 looks nice! Love the scrambler onride shots!

They now have a vintage Grasscutter Twist that has been newly-restored that replaces the modern Sizzler from the video. There is also a Speedway ride that was restored by the same team who restored the Jets, Dodgems and double-deck Roundabout. Can't wait to get back there next week!!
All sounds really good, can't wait for the live!

sparky2u said:
Anyone know which company has built these new trains for SR

I think they are a group effort, but I do know the company that is doing all the carved woodwork, and it looks exactly like the original: CNC Woodrouting

I was there last Thursday (23 July) and it was great to see a test run of the Scenic, which I filmed on the Twitter App, thinking I'd be able to catch a full circuit later, but the testing was intermittent and I missed all the subsequent test runs. It looks like they were adjusting the sensor that detects that the train has left the second lift hill. I posted the 30-second video on YouTube. Not sure how to embed YouTube videos, so a link will have to suffice for now.

Just browsing Coast2coaster and noticed Dreamland was showing 4 creds including this wooden mouse
Its seems to have been at Frontierland and Southport previously, anyone heard anything about it?

It's the old King Solomon's Mines but I heard that they considered it too expensive to fix and open. RCDB currently have it as 'in storage'.

^ It's only been grouped into Dreamland on rcdb recently, so thought it may be on it's way at some point but good to know, cheers Sue.

Haven't just heard of it, I've got the cred!

It was alright, shorter version of Blackpool's really.