What's new

Eagle Fortress SBNO

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Not really sure what to make of this. Last time I went to Everland, just before I left Korea in February, Eagle Fortress was closed. Disappointing, obviously, but I'd been on it loads before, so I didn't think anything of it.

However, I've just been chatting to a friend in Seoul who went a few days ago, and he said it's still closed.

So, just had a quick look on RCDB and it's listed as SBNO since January.

Rolling X Train is also listed as SBNO since March (was unfortunately operating when I was there in February). Couldn't care less about that pos though.

I really hope Fortress isn't going anywhere. It would be **** to loose both Eagle Fortress and Big Bad Wolf, if those rumours are to be believed.

What?! We all know how much everyone likes Eagle Fortress, and both that coaster and Big Bad Wolf are actually probably some of the best of their type, so I'm not liking any of these rumours about them going anywhere.

I don't get why it would be SBNO though? Like, what was the point of closing it down?

LFTL I would think it has something to do with it eating the trains. Doesn't this thing badly damage trains alot because of the speed or it and it over swinging?

^ Yeah, EF really eats it's trains (especially on the fast turns past the station), but so would any coaster that goes 15-20 mph faster then the design speed of the thing :)

Eagle Fortress have been closed for a while now for maintenance, it have also been removed from the Park Map. There have been talks going around about either remove it or fix it up...

04fl0621.jpg

It should be below the swinging ships...

Maybe the "remove it" rumor might be true, especially since they built T-Express as a replacement, to be able to build something new on the hill...

^But not the best one. :p

But without sounding like a ****, if it does get removed, I'll be gutted. I would love everyone to experience this awesome, awesome ride.

Here's to hoping it gets saved.

The thing that we have feared the most might be happening...
Creapiano on TPR said:
This hasn't been officially announce on the Everland website but in official everland fan club of Korea, one of the member of cast has posted a shocking news
but firstly, id like to tell you that Eagle fortress,Everland,South Korea has been out of operation since last summer and had no official updates. However, as I said above, the cast posted this

http://cafe.naver.com/lastar.cafe?ifram ... cles=false

I guess 99% of you can't read Korean :lmao:
so if I translate it, it says
"Demolition Confirmed
Date of demoliton not confirmed yet
Reason : Economic Crisis
....."
Source - TPR

I can't open that web-page and confirm it, but if what the guy on TPR is saying is the truth then we might loose one of the best coasters in the world... :cry:

Let the rumours begin on what they are going to replace it with :)

^It really is gone for good.

TPR update said:
Everland has 'Officially' announce the closure of EF
couldn't bring the image (well anyway no one will be able to read Korean)
it says//
☆Daily Attraction Info
⊙Gale Force, Blizzard, Temperature, Heavy rain may affect the opening/closure of attractions without notice
⊙"Eagle Fortress" has now stopped operation in order to bring you a more thrilling new attraction

Damn. What disappointment. It was one of the rides I really wanted to hop on over there.

I was disappointed when Big Bad Wolf shut. Those big intense Arrow suspended rides aren't getting any cheaper to maintain.

Sad... I missed riding again my favorite coaster by 3 months (I was in march 2009) and its the worst lost. It must be in terrible shape and unable to be fixed if the park would throw the towel on what is probably the greatest rollercoaster in the world.

What could be an ideal replacement on that hill? Getting B&M to come in and do a ground hugging Inverted with Nemesis or BTR intensity?

^ Shame that you missed it.
I was fortunate to have a night ERT with TPR in 2008, it was sublime.

I really hope that they replace it with another Eagle in the shape of a big S&S Free Fly, especially with Tranan the way it is :)