What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

The cross ties do look a different shape. I305 and those coasters have cone-shaped ties, whereas this looks to have more Y-shaped ties.

Some pictures for comparison then...

h9IBtH2.jpg

The Intamin track presumably for the Dueling at Wanda Guanzhou (Source: CoasterFriends.de)

xfrPARR.jpg

The Hyperion rails (Source: SkyScraperCity)

cAl9fub.jpg

Lech Coaster track (Source: Myself :p)

Perhaps Intamin updated a bit their track design for Hyperion?

The new gen Intamin track is really hideous to look at. Like imagine how ugly Taron would be with it.

That really is strange track. I guess this coaster is a new model from Intamin.
And wasn't the track meant to be a sea-blue? It seems like they've gone with a very, very, VERY dark blue. It almost looks black.

It's definitely not pretty.. but as a matter of interest why doesn't Taron have it? Are parks able to request which they'd prefer or would it not have worked with Taron's tight layout?

Am I the only person who doesn't see the problem with this type of track? To be honest, I actually prefer it to Taron's style.
I think this type of track is fine for a hyper, I don't see any problem with it at all.

I definitely think that it would not suit Taron though...

No problem with how this track looks. Slightly prefer the older style track a la Taron, but this is fine.

Looking forward to seeing this go up. Hoping for it to be open August-time, as that'd fit in nicely for me, but we'll see...

I've never been excited by mud and concrete footers in my life this much tbh. Actual rail assembly can't start too soon though!

EDIT:

Last edited: