Every summer, I head back to the UK from Hong Kong, spending a couple of weeks in my glorious hometown of Wrexham before taking myself on a proper trip somewhere. I’ve usually got this planned out quite far in advance, but had left everything quite late and only got my s**t together in the few days before heading back, deciding to polish off some European countries I hadn’t been to before.
Malta
Stayed in Valetta. Loved it. Very hot. Lots to see and do. No creds. Why?
North Macedonia
Stayed around Skopje. Really enjoyed it. Very hot. Lots to see and do. No creds. Why?
Kosovo
Should’ve knocked it off when I’d done Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro years ago. Should’ve day-tripped it from Skopje this time but planned it poorly. Didn’t think much to it. Very hot. Not much to see or do. CREDS!
There was an amusement park (Prishtina Park) behind a shopping mall just outside Pristina. I got a taxi out there before realising after I arrived that the mall had a cheap and convenient shuttle bus which didn’t show up on Google maps.
There’s a Zyklon Galaxy thing that used to be in France and a Chinese chicken coop. The sign out front of the Chicken Coop had a weight limit (I think it was 60kg, maybe 65). A handful of people have it ticked off on Coaster-Count, but I didn’t bother trying. No adults were riding with their kids, otherwise I might’ve given it a go, or maybe if there were no other people around. Annoyingly, that means I haven’t completed the country.
The Zyklon needed a minimum of two riders, so I had to wait through a few groups of 4 for a group of 3 to come up. It was fine for what it was. I don’t think I’d done one for a while, around the same time the previous year when I knocked off a silly number of crappy creds along the south coast of France.
Amazing stuff. Good for crappy little Pristina getting some creds though when the entire countries of Malta (ok, admittedly tiny, but a huge tourist destination) and North Macedonia can’t be bothered. Next!
Albania
Stayed around Tirana. Really enjoyed it. Very hot. Lots to see and do. No Creds. Why?
And here ends my summer trip. A massive cred haul of +1.
Malta
Stayed in Valetta. Loved it. Very hot. Lots to see and do. No creds. Why?
North Macedonia
Stayed around Skopje. Really enjoyed it. Very hot. Lots to see and do. No creds. Why?
Kosovo
Should’ve knocked it off when I’d done Serbia, Bosnia and Montenegro years ago. Should’ve day-tripped it from Skopje this time but planned it poorly. Didn’t think much to it. Very hot. Not much to see or do. CREDS!
There was an amusement park (Prishtina Park) behind a shopping mall just outside Pristina. I got a taxi out there before realising after I arrived that the mall had a cheap and convenient shuttle bus which didn’t show up on Google maps.
There’s a Zyklon Galaxy thing that used to be in France and a Chinese chicken coop. The sign out front of the Chicken Coop had a weight limit (I think it was 60kg, maybe 65). A handful of people have it ticked off on Coaster-Count, but I didn’t bother trying. No adults were riding with their kids, otherwise I might’ve given it a go, or maybe if there were no other people around. Annoyingly, that means I haven’t completed the country.
The Zyklon needed a minimum of two riders, so I had to wait through a few groups of 4 for a group of 3 to come up. It was fine for what it was. I don’t think I’d done one for a while, around the same time the previous year when I knocked off a silly number of crappy creds along the south coast of France.
Amazing stuff. Good for crappy little Pristina getting some creds though when the entire countries of Malta (ok, admittedly tiny, but a huge tourist destination) and North Macedonia can’t be bothered. Next!
Albania
Stayed around Tirana. Really enjoyed it. Very hot. Lots to see and do. No Creds. Why?
And here ends my summer trip. A massive cred haul of +1.