What's new

Favorite Coaster Element?

Cobra Roll. Disorienting with great positive g-force.

Besides most airtime hills, loops and forceful Helixs, one element that really sticks out to me are the corkscrews on LevVampire (BTR clone) at La Ronde in Montreal. The feeling of just sorta hanging there upside down on the way up the inversion and then being forcefully whipped back right side up on the way down the other side. The feeling seems to be unique to older, more intense B&Ms.

Zero-G roll, seated opposite the direction of rotation. eg, roll to the right, sit on the left, roll to the left, sit on the right. I don't know what the science or method to the madness here is, but I've noticed it and I love it.

Oh I forgot:

Honorable mention to pretzel loops. I've only been on Manta and I loved it. They could end up being my favorite if I manage to get on another flyer.

Sanchezmran said:
Oh I forgot:

Honorable mention to pretzel loops. I've only been on Manta and I loved it. They could end up being my favorite if I manage to get on another flyer.

Geez how did I forget about pretzel loops. Those alone make SUF a great coaster in my book.

The pretzel loops are the only saving grace in the Superman clones, and good Lord are they fantastic.

I also really like B&M cobra rolls, you get that long, drawn-out entrance, then whipped down over the top, a small turn, and then whipped over the top again. It's just great.

Ejector airtime hills
Rolling launches
Dive loops
Zero-G
Fly-to-lie
S-Bends

Haven't experienced any pretzel loops yet. :-| But I found these pretty cool:

The heartline rolls on Volcano, The Blast Coaster.
Quick launch sections on TTD, Maverick and Xcelerator.
The (intense) downward helix on Goliath @ SFMM.

And needless to say, huge drops and airtime hills.