What's new

Favorite Launch

Before I start rating,can I just say that I hate launches,I really can't see the fascination in them,they do nothing for me.Therefore anything with a launch has already lost points.

1/Furius Baco-nice strong launch,good pop of airtime after the launch,just a shame the rest is very kack,and when you don't enjoy launches to begin with,it doesn't really leave much else.

2/Stealth-even now this still takes me by surprise,still gives me that shaky feeling afterwards.

3/Rita-lame launch,lame ride,not much more to say.

For theming, Furious Baco at Port Aventura is the best.
Xcellerator's great at the top of the tophat, and Dragster is amazing just for the raw speed (haven't ridden Ka).

Only been on Rita, but Stealth is to follow this month so I'm guessing it will be that.

Unless the Hyper Blaster at Pleasure Island counts...

1) Furius Baco - No competition! Amazing force and speed and last for ages!!

2) Stealth - good intamin hydraulic launch, pretty long and fast

3) Desert Race/Rita - like Stealth but a little bit shorter

4) Kanonen - good punch like the rest intamin hydraulic launches but too short.

5) iSpeed - pretty fast but not as forceful as the hydraulic once

6) Blue Fire - slow and dissapointing

I sum it all up with Furius Baco Amazing, the rest intamin hydraulic very good and LIM/LSM not so good.

1. Fluch von Novgorod - Unbeatable as far as I'm concerned, the feeling of rolling onto the launch and then the screeching sound as you get propelled forwards is amazing.

2. Lynet - Same reasons as above, just a bit slower and not in the dark bursting through a thick mist into daylight!

3. Blue Fire - Flying out of the station, past those rocks, the queueline and that sexy glass building adjacent, awesome rush. Shame about the near stall on the broken top hat though! :lol:

Mmmmmm... Hoi Sin Duck Wrap with a bag of Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps for after. Washed down with tropical fruit juice. Nom!

furie said:
Mmmmmm... Hoi Sin Duck Wrap with a bag of Walkers Prawn Cocktail crisps for after. Washed down with tropical fruit juice. Nom!

Haha! Good to see I wasn't the only one to read it as "Favourite Lunch" first! :lol:

nealbie said:
furie said:

Haha! Good to see I wasn't the only one to read it as "Favourite Lunch" first! :lol:

Nah, I just like making obvious, piss poor jokes :)

To answer the topic in a none amusing way?

Erm... They're all pretty rubbish. I probably prefer Stealth's out of all of them, but there's not a lot between them. Launches don't do a great deal for me.

Can I even remember all the launches I've done? About 12 or so? Flight of Fear was quite good actually...

Hmm good topic! :)

1. Furius Baco - I think it's all down to the pre-show build up; the train design and the fact it plummets down a drop at 84 mph to top it all off. But riding this thing at night revolutionizes the whole experience. ****ing great!

2. Stealth - Although it's over in merely a few seconds, the launch has an amazing kick to it. It might not be Dodonpa fast, but 0-80 in under 2 seconds is as fast as you can get now-a-days, velocity-wise.

3. Rita - Actually feels fairly similar to Stealth's launch in some respect, until it reaches the end you realise the lack of speed it has. Still a lovely launch in my opinion, can't go qrong with an Intamin cable lauch after all!

There are a few others but find it hard to rate them against one another. Rock n Rollercoaster is up there though. :)

1.Xcelerator
2.Hulk (IOA)
3.Storm Runner

All the once I have been on I would say I like these once best! cool)

I personally think Rita's on fire at the minute. Every time I've ridden this year I'm suprised with how it feels. I think it's better than when it opened!

Rock n Roller coaster in Orlando, for the theme, as well as both American ROTM and the Hulk. In terms of ride, I don't think Hulk is amazing, but I especially like the scenario it occurs in.

Xcelerator's is special, as well as Dragster just because I was not expecting that intensity at all. I was also pleasantly suprised with Superman: The Escape at SFMM. I thought it'd be crap, and it wasn't.

Baco is deserves a special mention though for it's bit of both. Great theme and great launch. I really enjoyed that.

Kind of cliche ones that everybody else has mentioned.

LOL, ive only been on two! So it would have to be....

1. Stealth
2. Rita

cool)

gavin said:
bezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzer said:
I personally think Rita's on fire at the minute.

If only...
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's on fire, but it's definately got a sexy new look. The launch feels duller, I think it's down to the lifeless countdown "you must escape...", which really drains. The launch feels minorly better, but it's probably down to expectations as I often think Rita is nothing short of ****.

1. Rock n roll roller coaster (WDW)
2. Hulk (UVSF)
3. Revenge of the Mummy (UVSF) (not fast but you go through his mouth)

There aren't a whole lot to choose from for me; I haven't gotten the opportunity to ride Xcelerator, or Mr. Freeze, or Hulk, though they are high on my list. As far as Ka goes, that's the top of my list. I went to SFGA before, but Ka was closed that day :evil:. Oh well. Here's the list of the best ones I HAVE ridden.

1: Joker's Jinx: SFA--This one tops my list. The speed as you come out of the tunnel and into the huge inversions is just phenomenal. It's so smooth as well! The fact that it has lap bars instead of OTSRs is the icing on the cake.

2: Storm Runner: Hersheypark--As has been mentioned, this one is great because it's just you leave, and then BOOM you're off. (Front seat! WOOT)

3: Rock 'n' Rollercoaster: WDW--The theming makes this one. Steven Tyler singing and those hilarious signs as you hurtle through loops and corkscrews at 60+ mph? Fantastic.

4: I dont know if this counts, but Test Track: WDW (Epcot)--I don't know if this is really considered a coaster by CF, but I think it is. The launch halfway through combined with the thrill of "speeding towards a wall" is really fun. Not to mention its the fastest ride in WDW at 65 mph.

5: Possessed/Voodoo: Dorney Park--This has been mentioned above, I think. Possessed is intense. Plain and simple. Front seat especially; see the track end right in front of you. The launches backwards through the station are especially special.

launch

I have only been on one Intamin accelerator: Kingda Ka, and it took riding to the next level.

I have only been on one LIM-launch, Rockin Roller coaster, and it was average