What's new

Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche or Aston Martin

Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche or Aston Martin. Which would you buy?

• FERRARI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LAMBORGHINI

• PORSCHE

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ASTON MARTIN

• Total voters
A friend of mine just bought an Aston Martin Vantage (show off), he gave me a 60mile round trip in it last week. It was very very nice, so I voted for Aston because of that.

Porshes are ghastly and soulless.

Ferraris are too nerdy these days.

Lamborghinis are great, look amazing and are very good now Audi controls them.

But Aston Martins are the best looking and sounding cars in the world. They are trouser tighteningly gorgeous, sound amazing and are probably the best all rounders. I could go on forever about why I love them.

Put it this way, who would you rather be? Bond or Shumacher?

Blaze said:

But Aston Martins are the best looking and sounding cars in the world. They are trouser tighteningly gorgeous, sound amazing and are probably the best all rounders. I could go on forever about why I love them.

Who would I rather be? A fictional character that in a book was awesome but in real life is non existent (no matter how many women he shags and men he puts bullets into) or a successful racing driver worth many millions?

in short....

Bond.

I think in this situation its up to personal choice, they're all great cars, and they all have their ups and downs, for me its between the Lamborghini Merciellago or the Aston Martin DB9/ DBS.

So have fun with your young midlife crisis and if your ever in the Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham area.... LET ME HAVE A RIDE!

Out of that list, Aston Martin. Great looking, good fun to drive, great high class image and best of all - British!

Out of all cars.
ariel_atom_3.jpg

OMG I WANT ONE!

Aston martins are just too beautiful to say no to.

Ferraris are nice, but you pay too much for the badge.
Porsches are nice, but just not special enough.
Lamborghinis are nice, but they only really work if you are driving in certain places where they fit in.

In short, Aston Martins.

jayjay said:
Out of that list, Aston Martin. Great looking, good fun to drive, great high class image and best of all - British!

Out of all cars.
ariel_atom_3.jpg

OMG I WANT ONE!

I got to drive an Atom for one of those "Experience Day" gift things. I only got 3 laps out on the track, but it was amazing... terrifyingly fast... but amazing!

I'm with you, I want one!

If you want an Atom, surely the new 500 is the one you want?

Should have put Pagani on the list, they are well in the supercar club now, as well as Koenigsegg.

Stretch it a bit and Ascari A10. Not in the supercar club, but that is pure Brunellian fury and I love it.

^You don't actualy need a helmet in an Atom I don't think

^ no you don't, but it's advised. Also, I don't think this is a supercar poll, Astons and Porches are not supercars. Let not turn this into "who can name the top ten cars on the Top Gear lap times board" thread :). I once "followed" a Koenig down the road... I put "followed" in inverted comas as as soon as the road opened up in front of it it disappeared is a flash of Ninja Green.

The Atom 500 looks totally insane, although I prefer the look of the standard Atom and feel it's probably fast enough to not get out ego'd by many. All around Slash's place for rides then is it?

Blaze said:
1. I don't keep up with new car models.
2. That was one of the first images in te "Ariel Atom" Google image search.

:p

Blaze said:

Shweet'art do you have any of your own opinions? Or are you just going to quote Clarkson all day? ;)

Perhaps my post should be.....

Jeremy Clarkson said:

Inverse said:
^ no you don't, but it's advised. Also, I don't think this is a supercar poll, Astons and Porches are not supercars. Let not turn this into "who can name the top ten cars on the Top Gear lap times board" thread :). I once "followed" a Koenig down the road... I put "followed" in inverted comas as as soon as the road opened up in front of it it disappeared is a flash of Ninja Green.

The Atom 500 looks totally insane, although I prefer the look of the standard Atom and feel it's probably fast enough to not get out ego'd by many. All around Slash's place for rides then is it?

Sure, if he gets his finger out of his arse and buys it. Health insurance is required and of course a helmet isn't provided.

Neal said:
Blaze said:

Shweet'art do you have any of your own opinions? Or are you just going to quote Clarkson all day? ;)

Perhaps my post should be.....

Jeremy Clarkson said:

Can you name a good looking Porshe since the GT? German cars very rarely have soul, they are too perfect to have one.

You can't deny Ferrari's are too nerdy. They may be amazing, but there is too much artificial ability, a bit is good, but when it pretty much makes the car what it is, it is too much, that is why I would take an F40 over an F60/Enzo, it's more organic and real. Not very pretty now either, the 430 and 458 are great, but California is scary and the 612 looks like a Porshe would if they could make nice looking cars.

Lamborghini were mad, but since Audi took over, the madness has been contained so humans can drive them.

I know that is pretty much what Clarkson says, but it is true, however much I wish it wern't.

I want my Zonda F...but not the new one made of Titbon, thats a bit sad.

jayjay said:
Blaze said:
1. I don't keep up with new car models.
2. That was one of the first images in te "Ariel Atom" Google image search.

:p

It's alright Jayjay, you made the right choice. Blaze is just reciting the latest series of Top Gear, next he'll be talking about flying caravans. :)

Did I just enter into the Top Gear website?

Nope, but it seems that Top Gear is actually the sole source for people's opinions! Amazing! :)

Lotus Esprit Turbo all the way anyway! :)

Or a BMW M1 - that was my dream car as a child :)

Mmm...nice car the M1, would love to see a revival of it, with Italians designing it again. Speaking of BMW, that new concept with the daft name looks great, looks like BMWs can look good again now Bangle has gone. The 3 series is bland, the 5 ugly, the 6 great until you get to the back where it makes me sick, the 1 is awfull and the 7 isn't exactly pretty. The less said about the SUVs the better.

Just had a thought, Noble. The first few were horrid fibreglass bath tubs, but the newest ones, since the m15, have actually looked nice and have a real interior.

To be honest my dream car has always been, and always will be, an Aston DB5 in Silver Birch (James Bond colour) or British Racing Green...I don't care how bad they are and how they will always break, they are achingly gorgeous and achingly cool.

You can't deny Ferrari's are too nerdy. They may be amazing, but there is too much artificial ability, a bit is good, but when it pretty much makes the car what it is, it is too much, that is why I would take an F40 over an F60/Enzo, it's more organic and real. Not very pretty

Could not agree more the F40 is the most organic car ever, paint so thin you can see the carbon fibre webbing. just nothing to it......
The ultimate toy car lol.

Right time for my own little bit of input as I started all this.
The car I buy has to be relative to the costs I can afford so thats why Zondas, CCX and hyper cars are not in here. Any Retro car is welcome under the 200,000 pound mark as a suggestion..
I am in more interested in the more organic car with a retro impact being a boy of the 1980's .... check out the 288 GTO for example ... Love the BMW M1 suggestion but been warned off them. Car must be all weather and have at least a roof even if removable... so love the atom but driven it too but not the car for me...

Porsche to me are fine but the 911 too common in any light ...
apart from LM 911 GT1 lol

Lambo just wouldnt suit me I dont think .... and from the poll thats a good thing ha

Aston Martin .............. Is the pain in my side and the snob in me is craving walking into the dealership and going for it .... would love the Vantage V12......

Clarkson and the team do seem to have so much influence on people these days which is incredible and hilarious...

Problem for me is all the choice and the fixation with fitting an F40 into my lifestyle ...... at 24 /25 years old eeeek!

keep it coming though guys

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/724/11 ... 7lapre.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1481/n ... 555102.jpg

[edit - linked, images too big - furie]

If you can get a good one for your budget, how about a Dino? I know it isn't a 'proper' Ferrari, but it is stunningly beautiful, rare and very very cool.

Any Ferrari before the 90's apart from the Testarossa should be a great investment.

But can you resist the charm of an Aston...You should be able to get the old Vantage that was basically Blenhiem Palace with a massive engine for a decent price. Thing with Astons, though, will be reliabilty, but then again any old supercar probably will. DB9s are apparently unreliable too, occasionaly.

A targa top Ferrari would be ace. The 288 GTO with a targa top...

Oooh, such a hard choice...whatever you go with in the end, you can't go wrong really, just make sure you don't go for the one taht seems best only to decide, when you see one behind you, that you should have gotten one instead. This kind of thing is more heart than head.