What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

^Except that the restraints tightens while going through high G's, meaning that there's no difference to Skyrush since Flying Aces seem to have plenty of high-G corners as well? Tbh I found Skyrush most painful while waiting on the brake-run.

I don't see why Intamin couldn't just copy the Mack and B&M clamshell design? That's clearly the way to go, since Helix large hill provide very strong ejector yet is still comfortable :) The Skyrush restraint design is flawed.

We need to remember that the restraints of Skyrush is used by Intaride in the US. This ride is done by Intamin Europe and they have used a different lapbar on rides like Red Fire and Nefeskesen. There's no reason it could be so here as well, even though they may also go with the same ones Skyrush have.

It seems weird to me however that they would used a flawed designed again.

12182955_1482773515361375_5713336242173417029_o.jpg

Construction on the SFX seems a little slow. But I guess once Flying Aces is done it may speed up a little.

Oh, I thought the red track was supposed to be of Intamin shuttle coaster also rumoured for park. I know this isn't it, but are there 2 coasters currently UC, or is it just the SFX?

That's correct, there are actually three Coasters being constructed at the same time. There is flying aces. Plus an intamin shuttle. Plus the SFX indoor coaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres a press release from Ferrari world and a rendering of the train!

Tallest Loop and steepest inclination record breaking roller coaster
‘Flying Aces’ Set to Take-off at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is set to welcome thrill seekers from around the world onboard its record breaking roller coaster Flying Aces, acclaimed for having the world’s tallest loop and steepest starting hill inclination, during the first quarter of 2016.

The first of many surprises to be unveiled as part of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi’s expansion, Flying Aces, will take guests to speeds up to 120kmph along a 1.5km track featuring a 52 meter (170ft) tall loop and a 51 degree steep lift. The architectural masterpiece will offer extreme gravity defying flight acrobatics that include a non-inverted loop, down flips and plenty of airtime.

Commenting on the launch, Jesse Vargas, General Manager at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi said: “The groundbreaking engineering and technologies behind this bi-plane coaster will give guests the thrill of their lives. We have completed 50 per cent of the construction of Flying Aces and are simultaneously working on other rides and attractions to launch in 2016. We have made a complex roller coaster emerge under our red roof in less than a year, an amazing achievement, especially when we take into consideration that most other theme parks take approximately 3 years to deliver a similar feat.”

Due to its exceptional thrill features and strong connection to Ferrari’s heritage, the first plane themed coaster is also the first of five major rides and attractions to be launched as part of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi’s massive expansion. Already home to the world’s fastest roller coaster ‘Formula Rossa’, the bi-plane themed coaster represents the latest addition to the Park’s offering. Flying Aces brings to life the story behind Ferrari’s Cavallino logo that is inspired by Italy’s ‘ace of aces’ Count Francesco Baracca. Count Baracca was a famous Italian aviator in the 1900’s and his legendary Prancing Horse emblem was inherited by Enzo Ferrari for good luck.

In 2014, the Park revealed to the world its extraordinary expansion plans that will add more rides and attractions to appeal to guests of all ages. The innovative offerings are expected to increase the Park’s overall capacity by 40 per cent, reduce waiting time and enhancing the overall guest’s experience.

In regards to the expansion, Jesse added: “We are very proud of our expansion’s progress to date and how close we are to achieving our goal. There hasn’t been a theme park that has been adding to its offerings at the pace we are setting. The amount we have invested in our expansion is roughly the same it would cost to open a new Park. We are confident that the new rides and attractions will satisfy our guests thirst for family excitement and white knuckle thrills.”

The Park recently launched Karting Academy for guests to challenge one another in electric powered go karts, and for the little champs, an all-new Junior Training Camp has been enhanced with a soft play area and a winning mix of climbing activities. In addition, guests finally have the chance to drive the dream aboard a Ferrari California with the brand new Driving Experience, offered for the first time in a theme park.

-Ends-

Which looks nothing like the Skyrush trains, but more of a 4 across with two floorless seats at the same height as the rest.

^ It's pretty difficult to discern anything from a concept photo of a blurred train. And the concept layout posted the page is only a NL2 rendering using Skyrush trains. At this point, we haven't any evidence to the design of Flying Aces trains, outside of their featuring winged seats. As _koppen mentioned though, there is hope of some seat alteration for better rider comfort.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X49xb7SYQc[/youtube]

andrus said:
^Except that the restraints tightens while going through high G's, meaning that there's no difference to Skyrush since Flying Aces seem to have plenty of high-G corners as well? Tbh I found Skyrush most painful while waiting on the brake-run.

I don't see why Intamin couldn't just copy the Mack and B&M clamshell design? That's clearly the way to go, since Helix large hill provide very strong ejector yet is still comfortable :) The Skyrush restraint design is flawed.
Exactly - it is moments of high-g force that cause the restraints to tighten, not length of track. And when you are in a floorless seat, your legs have nothing to push against for resistance against tightening, causing discomfort.

Fingers crossed on a restraint modification, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just wrote a long old message about if's and but's then Lofty spots the train in the blueprints, **** ledge.

Wing Coaster Trains.

i5Ihp2vEJ6pn1.gif

DelPiero said:
Just wrote a long old message about if's and but's then Lofty spots the train in the blueprints, **** ledge.

Wing Coaster Trains.

i5Ihp2vEJ6pn1.gif
Sorry... :lol:

Just for the ease of people who can't be arsed watching that part of the video:
347g2nb.png

Whelp, there went my guess of another new train design.

Although, a quick bit of info between Skyrush and this - Will there be the 7G crunch on 3 turns that help the restraints to tighten?

If not, then the current system should work fine.

^Not 7, but 5 G's like the engineer said in the video Hyde posted :wink:

I think it's safe to say what ever problems Skyrush has this ride will have as well, if it utilize the same restraints.

I'm expecting Intamin to have learned from how bad Skyrush's restraints are, and equip Flying Aces with Altair/Nefeskesen restraints.

Update from inside the dome with both new coasters in there coming along nicely.

12237932_1489001834738543_4405951580773854253_o.jpg

Here's the Intamin shuttle coaster. Quite how its going to get through that huge glass wall to get outside I have no idea.

12239213_1489231394715587_7928519836435889186_o.jpg

The outdoor part of the SFX coaster is done and you can see the Intamin shuttle in the background here too.

Source