What's new

Firehawk Death

Yeahh I saw this a little bit earlier.. It's so sad, but I'm guessing it came down to a pre-existing condition or something. It's a shame, really, and it's also another bad thing for the park.

This definitely isn't a good year for King's Island. Hopefully nothing else bad happens.

rollerdude said:
This definitely isn't a good year for King's Island. Hopefully nothing else bad happens.

I know the only good part is Diamondback. I wonder what the pre-existing condition was.

rollerdude said:

I was thinking the same.. and for the most part.. it isn't their fault.

Passenger dies after riding Firehawk at Kings Island

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/wor ... 29710.html

MASON, Ohio (BNO NEWS) — A passenger died after riding the Firehawk roller coaster at Kings Island in Mason, Ohio on Saturday afternoon, a spokesman told BNO News.

Kings Island is a large theme park located in the city of Mason, which is northeast of Cincinnati.

At around 3.30 p.m. local time, the roller coaster arrived in its station after completing its normal cycle. Ride operators then noticed an adult male passenger who appeared to be having trouble breathing and the park’s EMS staff was called and responded immediately. The passenger was immediately transported to Bethesda North Hospital, according to park spokesman Don Helbig.

“We’ve learned that unfortunately the guest passed away this evening,” Helbig said. “Our thoughts and prayers are with the family at this difficult time and all of us at Kings Island are deeply saddened.”

According to Helbig, the ride was operating normally when the incident happened and he said there is no reason to believe the roller coaster ride played a role in his passing. His cause of death is not yet known.

Kings Island has voluntarily closed the ride and has notified the state of Ohio who will perform a re-inspection of the ride on Sunday morning as a precaution.

Firehawk was opened in 2007 after it was moved from Six Flags Worlds of Adventure in Aurora, Ohio.

Wasn't there a similar problem on this a few months ago, or am I confusing it with something else?

^^absolutely nothing.

Bloke has breathing problems and dies, and just happens to be on a coaster in the USA

Fat bird falls 10 feet when she stands up on a coaster in France.

Not connected.

^yes I know :), just a few things at the moment that gets rides in the news for the wrong reasons.